PS3 help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
I just got a ps3, of course I had to buy it for myself. I think that it is great. I am currently playing Oblivion.

Now to my question. I have my ps3 hooked up to the internet via an ethernet cable running from my router to a switch and everything works ok. Now I am doing the folding@home with my computers and decided to go that route with the ps3. What I want to know is doing it do the ps3 any harm if I leave it on all the time? Also is there anyway to have Folding@home running while I am playing a game or watching a movie? Thanks in advance for the help.

I fold and leave mine on all the time. I'll reboot it every now and then. I have read in other forums that several people leave thiers on as well. You can't do anything else when your folding. I think there was an upgrade to it a week or so ago where you can listen to music while it's folding. Hope this helps you out.

I'm sure there's not much danger to the system in leaving it on all the time IF its properly ventilated. I've left mine on for stretches since it's recent purchase a few weeks ago and it seems fine.

My big question is more to the SECURITY of doing so. I have no idea how 'hack-proof' the PS3 and Folding@Home are.

I'm sure there's not much danger to the system in leaving it on all the time IF its properly ventilated. I've left mine on for stretches since it's recent purchase a few weeks ago and it seems fine.

My big question is more to the SECURITY of doing so. I have no idea how 'hack-proof' the PS3 and Folding@Home are.

I have been folding ever since I've gotten mine and have had no security problems. Never heard of anyone else having issues. You might want to check the Satguys operations forum. There is a folding thread in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)