ps3 preorder at game stop and eb on tuesday

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
from the email gamestop sends out. this is for in stores only, not online.

Limited PlayStation 3 Pre-order
GameStop and EB Games will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the PlayStation 3 console on Tuesday, October 10, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to deplete this allocation very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at this time. To avoid an unnecessary trip we strongly recommend you call your local store to determine availability. A $100 reservation deposit is required, which can be funded with cash, credit or trade. As we cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, a reservation deposit does not guarantee receipt of a system available to purchase at launch. Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.

Many places had 50+ people lined up before the store opened.

I stopped by a new GS down the highway from work at 1pm and was the #7 pre-order of 8.

I wonder if they will fulfill these PS3 pre-orders before Christmas? Last year, a co-worker pre-ordered the 360 months in advance, and they didn't get his in until after Christmas.

-John

jgantert said:
I wonder if they will fulfill these PS3 pre-orders before Christmas? Last year, a co-worker pre-ordered the 360 months in advance, and they didn't get his in until after Christmas.

-John

I wouldn't hold my breath!! With only 400k units in North America and about 11k stores between Gamestop/EB Games, Target, Walmart and Best Buy, that leaves about 36 units per store. Now add all the online retailers based in North America and that will drop the 36 even lower.

I see the same thing happening as the 360. Things are looking a little rough for getting one before Christmas. Apparently Sony didnt learn any lessons from MS.

mikley28 said:
Well, you could look at it that way. Its still bad for the consumer. I wouldnt doubt that you will see them on eBay for about $1500
I suppose you would be foolish not to sell it on ebay for $1500.00. I sure would if I got my hands on one. If the suckers are out there then take their money.

jgantert said:

-John

EB/GS claims to have learned their lesson with the 360 fiasco and only sold preorders on confirmed units. They varied between 8 to 15 per store.

went to my local gamestop today to chat and pick up NcAA 07, he said all ps3's were gone in 10 minutes, he just laughed and said it was a nightmare yesterday people camping outside of the store.

jgantert said:
So you think Sony accurately told them how many PS3s they will get? :)

Considering EB/GS has about 3600 US stores and they had pre-orders of between 8 to 16 per store, that would mean that at most they took 57,600 PS3 pre-orders. Sony is supposed to have 400,000 ready for launch day.

So unless Sony has more manufacturing problems all of the pre-orders should be filled.

Source: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/gamestop-our-ps3s-soldout-nationwide-206625.php

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)