PS3 Prices tanking on ebay

I have been watching them. They were under $900 over the weekend, but are trending back up toward $1200 now.

The big number is how many are for sale. At the peak there were over 25,000 auctions. This has been trending down toward 8500 now.

I would think that since some time had passed and that there would be fewer for sale now, that the price would climb higher. I would expect the price to remain high for a little while longer until you start getting close to another release to the stores then the price would drop again unless there would end up being long lines like there were to begin with.

As the hype spins down, so does the demand and so the prices. It's an old story, we've seen this many times before. Less console will be up for sale but less buyer will be interested as well.

Demand will be brisk until Christmas, then it will plummet.

If Little Jimmy can't get one for Christmas, he'll wind up waiting until they show up in stores before he pays a 500% premium...

Target and Toys R US received PS3s in both configurations today. Maybe that will bring the E-BAY prices back to earth. A healthy profit is okay but 2 to 3 times the purchase price is rediculous. People just need a little patience, supplies will eventually get out to the stores.

It's Christmas time, people lose any semblance of patience this time of year.

My wife caved and got the Wii on EBay (my son had saved for six months every dollar he could muster and saved $280 only to find none available on launch day (preorder bundles were out of his price range).

She finally went against my recommendation and paid an extra $150 to grab one... But he got one during launch week. Extra controllers are another matter. Can't find them anywhere locally. Gonna try the online e-tailers next...

There are rumors that Circuit City is going to have all the Wii's you guys are ever gonna want this Sunday. I hope that this is the case as a lot of folks want one. Also, starting Monday you should be able to find PS3's in Circuit City, Gamestop and EBs all accross America. Just in time for Xmas!!

There are rumors that Circuit City is going to have all the Wii's you guys are ever gonna want this Sunday. I hope that this is the case as a lot of folks want one. Also, starting Monday you should be able to find PS3's in Circuit City, Gamestop and EBs all accross America. Just in time for Xmas!!

We will see... Just because you said this I'll go in on Tuesday morning to each of these stores before I go into work just to prove you wrong... again. Because you said "all accross America" I should be able to go into ANY of these stores and pick one up if I desire. Here is your chance to retract that statement considering EA thinks that there will only be 500k to 800k max consoles in North America by Dec 31.

I scored a Wii on Wednesday at a Target near my work, but couldn't find any controllers anywhere. Then I lucked up and found wiimote controllers, nunchucks, and classic controllers at another Target (but no Wii's). I got three of each wiimotes and nunchucks, but there were still several left on the hooks. The sales associate asked if I took all of the ones off the hooks because they had more in the back to replenish with. Somehow, Target has been getting Wii stuff when other stores have not. Stores that have told me they only got the initial shipment of Wii's were several Gamestop's, two Circuit City's, two Sam's Club, one Fry's, three ToysRus, and one CompUSA. The three Best Buy's and three Target's I've visited have gotten at least two shipments. Two Wal-marts near me have a sign stating they are expecting shipments of Wii's on 12/6 and will sell them at 8:00am.

PS3's...ha, I'm beginning to think they don't exist except for the few kiosks that are working in the stores I've been too.

BTW, don't you just love how Circuit City and ToysRus have those fake empty display boxes of Wii's and PS3's? Most of them don't even have a sticker that says "Display Only". Your excitement builds to only pick up the empty box and nearly throw it into the ceiling 30 ft above because it was lighter than you expect...how annoying!

Actually, I purchased my PS3 60GB this last Monday at Target. Every Target store in America recieved at least 2 60 GB and 2 20GB on Monday. Store I was at recieved 2 60s and 4 20s. Sold out in 15 minutes. People came running into the store I was at. This was the third store I went to, the first two sold out! Now the info I got on the Target was golden. I did not post because I was too busy traveling to a Target to buy one.

Now if you notice, I said RUMOR. That mean anything to you Mikley28? It is a rumor that this is going to happen. I do know that several EB's in my area received PS3s this past Tuesday to finish their preorders. The one Gamestop received 4 20GBs and sold out as soon as they brought them to the floor. Stores still having unfilled presells expect to receive the rest this Tuesday. Now if most of those managers are looking for them on Tuesday what is the chance that EB and Gamestop will have PS3s on December 5th? I posted this information for those who might want a Wii or PS3. I hope it is true so that those who wanted one of these new systems might find one instead of paying the E-BAY leechs!

Actually, I purchased my PS3 60GB this last Monday at Target. Every Target store in America recieved at least 2 60 GB and 2 20GB on Monday. Store I was at recieved 2 60s and 4 20s. Sold out in 15 minutes. People came running into the store I was at. This was the third store I went to, the first two sold out! Now the info I got on the Target was golden. I did not post because I was too busy traveling to a Target to buy one.

Now if you notice, I said RUMOR. That mean anything to you Mikley28? It is a rumor that this is going to happen. I do know that several EB's in my area received PS3s this past Tuesday to finish their preorders. The one Gamestop received 4 20GBs and sold out as soon as they brought them to the floor. Stores still having unfilled presells expect to receive the rest this Tuesday. Now if most of those managers are looking for them on Tuesday what is the chance that EB and Gamestop will have PS3s on December 5th? I posted this information for those who might want a Wii or PS3. I hope it is true so that those who wanted one of these new systems might find one instead of paying the E-BAY leechs!

What rumor means to me is BS... That is what rumors usually turn out to be. Since each store is getting 2-6 units per week, what on God's green earth do makes you think that they are getting some monster shipment? A store manager told you so? Someone who's role in the company he works for is to get you into the store to buy something?

So now we can agree that they WILL NOT have one for me if I wanted one because the ones they get are for completing their preorders? If all these stores are only getting 2-6 per week, then what's the use of posting that they will be available since these stores are still completing their 15-20 preorders left over from launch.

Honestly, I hope its true also but considering EA only thinks 500k-800k units in North America by Dec 31 leaves alot of doubt in Sony's ability to produce. I think people will have an easier time getting a Wii than a PS3 since they already at the 600k mark in the US alone.

Target seems to want to sell something called a PS3 Gift Card... WTF is that crap?

Ah, Mikley28 and T2k, you guys been reading any of the other posts? Seems the Wii did show up this weekend -- just like I said. And I said that the Wii would be readily available this weekend (Dec 2 & 3) in good supply and it was.

As for the PS3, they are shipping and yes you will not see the numbers that you will see the Wii in stock (if you see it) but if you are diligent and you really want a PS3 for yourself you should be able to find one in the next two weeks.

Anyone one here want to guess how many XBOX360s were sold between the launch date and December 24th? There are stores in my area that have gotten PS3s since the launch - some of them have received units twice! Can you say that about the 360's launch? M$ was paralized after the XBOX360's launch because of multiple unit overheating and a high unit failure rate. Heck, it took M$ a year to admit there was a problem and that they would reimburse (folks had to pay!?! for repairs) those who had to pay to get their 360s fixed.

Please, Sony is only limited to how may they can release every week. They are neither parilyzed nor are they out of business. You guys had better hope that the Blue Diode problem doesn't go away, because if it does the PS3 sales are gonna soar -- especially in Europe.

Another question, if everyone wants a XBOX360 why is it that every store I go into is either offering a free game or a gift certificate if you buy one? Retailers only do this when sales are not meeting projections. Maybe there will be a price drop on the XBOX360 after XMAS and M$ is paying for the freebees. Hummmm?

I wasnt talking about a Wii, I know I can go into almost any store this week and probably pick one up... This is the false statement I am referring to in case you forgot that you wrote it here it is...

Also, starting Monday you should be able to find PS3's in Circuit City, Gamestop and EBs all accross America. Just in time for Xmas!!

Now you keep speculating production numbers for the PS3 and were wrong every time. I go on facts and reality not company hype *cough*Sony*cough*. Time and time again I keep telling you the role a store manager has in his company. You still keep taking their word as gospel.

A month or 2 ago you said that Sony has resolved their Blue Diode problem now you admit that they still have a problem... which is it?

You guys had better hope that the Blue Diode problem doesn't go away

MS is just as bad if not worse than Sony, so in my opinion they both are paralyzed. They might not be our of business but sending only 2-6 units per store sure seems paralyzing to me.

Now for this one...

Another question, if everyone wants a XBOX360 why is it that every store I go into is either offering a free game or a gift certificate if you buy one? Retailers only do this when sales are not meeting projections. Maybe there will be a price drop on the XBOX360 after XMAS and M$ is paying for the freebees. Hummmm?

Have you ever thought that the 360 is readily available now? Think like a store manager for this one... Your objective is to sell as much as you can for the holidays. So that in mind, $400 minus a rebate or game now is better than $600 possibly into another store's register.

Now if you admit you are wrong with the PS3 statement then I'll leave your posts alone... :D

FWIW you probably still cant walk up and buy a Wii, i was 19th in line for 1 of 26 at the CC i stood in front of for 2.5 hours with 150 other people, and the Target around the corner passed out their 70 vouchers 2 hours before they opened.

Those damn nunchuk controllers are like gold right now though... still searching for my 2nd one.

Mikley28, receiving 4 to 8 PS3s at a time is not what I call inducing great sales. I have seen about 4 differant commercials on the PS3 and I wonder why? However, those 4 to 8 consoles a week per stores is adding up because they are not accumalating. Weather they end up on E-BAY or under a tree somewhere they are being sold quickly.

It would be nice if some store actually recieved 20 or 30 PS3s so we could see if there really is a demand for them. As for looking for PS3s this week, even the assistant mngr at Costco is looking to have PS3s for sale around the end of this week. Now I hope these rumors pan out so that those wanting a PS3 can get one. So, I guess I will have to endure your comments a little longer.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)