Ps3 store hd movies???

Yeah, I was curious if anyone had tried out the new movie rental/purchase service, too.

I'd have rented an HD flick, but the only one's they had that I'd want to see I've already either purchased on blu-ray or rented on my Xbox...doh! Hope they add more titles soon (they claim they will on a weekly basis)...especially in the HD arena.

I'm just kinda shocked that I have not heard any chatter about this new feature. Some of the guys on here must have tried it. I remember the NCAA demo being downloaded and that took awhile, it was like 1200 MB. I'm looking at WarGames and if I remember it was something like 6800 MB for a 112 minute HD movie. Anyway, waiting to hear about it from anyone that has tried one!

Please let us know, as you pull the arrows out of your back.

"You can always tell the pioneers. They're the ones with arrows in their back."

I checked out the Rental selection last night and its just blah. Nothing really special. I think the interface needs a lot of work. Also I read that the HD movies are only in stereo not surround sound :confused:

So for now I'll stick with the 360 movie store.

Thanks for the link. This was in fact for this particular download and I don' read anything that states if they will all be this way. As a matter of fact, it states that not all etc......have dolby 5.1 To me this doesnn't slant towards either direction. Certainly not enough information yet, by this link anyway to make a blanket statement that the HD downloads will all be just in stereo.

Thanks for the link. This was in fact for this particular download and I don' read anything that states if they will all be this way. As a matter of fact, it states that not all etc......have dolby 5.1 To me this doesnn't slant towards either direction. Certainly not enough information yet, by this link anyway to make a blanket statement that the HD downloads will all be just in stereo.
Yeah but at least XBLM tells you the audio format before you DL. Sony doesn't. That is a little messed up.