PS3 Technical Question

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
How do you change the display settings when going from HDMI to composite? Sometimes I need to switch the PS3 from my HDMI HD set to a SD set in the other room for the kids. When I try to do it, I go to the display settings switch it to composite the screen goes blank for around 30 seconds and come back on with HDMI settings. I could switch it before the newer system updates but now there seems to be a problem. Thanks for anyones help!!!!

How do you change the display settings when going from HDMI to composite? Sometimes I need to switch the PS3 from my HDMI HD set to a SD set in the other room for the kids. When I try to do it, I go to the display settings switch it to composite the screen goes blank for around 30 seconds and come back on with HDMI settings. I could switch it before the newer system updates but now there seems to be a problem. Thanks for anyones help!!!!

Go to Settings and go down to Display settings after that enter to select type of connector on your tv and go to Composite/S Video there you can make the change you are looking for.

I just get a blank screen for thirty seconds and then it just automatically switches back to HDMI,,, so I have been plugging both the HDMI and composite in at the same time and then it works, kind of a pain in the ass though having to hook up the PS3 to a SD TV at the same time it is connected via HDMI to my HD set.

I just get a blank screen for thirty seconds and then it just automatically switches back to HDMI,,, so I have been plugging both the HDMI and composite in at the same time and then it works, kind of a pain in the ass though having to hook up the PS3 to a SD TV at the same time it is connected via HDMI to my HD set.

That happens to me once and what I did was a hard reboot,with your TV and Console connected touch the power button(on the console) for more than 5 seconds to turn the system back on,This will put your video settings in standard resolution again.

Hmmm...do you mean..turn it off while it is still connected to the HDMI and the restart it and it will switch back to standard?? Thanks

Hmmm...do you mean..turn it off while it is still connected to the HDMI and the restart it and it will switch back to standard?? Thanks

FlyingJ
When your PS3 is off you will keep pressing the power button(on your console) for more than 5 seconds this will give you 2 beeps(1 for power on and the other for power off) when you turn in on again you display mode will be on 480i ,then you can make the adjustments in your output settings again.:):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts