PTAT Bugs, Problems, Dislikes ...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
as an update to this, doesn't looks like anything mentioned about this in the s208 release notes either.

Ended up getting a tech out to swap out the problem PTAT box that had the tuner locked out. It was actually somehow creating problems with a second tuner on that box too. I'm just glad the tech was agreeable to the swap out. He spent a good half hour on the phone with someone in tech support at Dish, but finally realized that guy was just grasping at straws.

This should be resolved in S208. Please let us know if this continues to happen.

PTAT Stopped Working

For the second time this week I have had PTAT stop. On Saturday (4/21/12) PTAT failed to record. Last night(4/22/12) and Saturday night the guide did not have any programs marked PT and did not record however last night....ONLY ABC shows did record even though the guide was not reflecting it anything set to record PT. Today when I go to my PTAT folder there are the three shows from ABC but nothing else. PTAT still shows as enabled. Guide does not show PT at all for this week. Yesterday I had two hits sent due to RSN issues so the system has been hit since this started but did not help last night. Still on S207.

If you had an RSN issue could it have affected your locals in the system also? (What was the RSN issue?)

PTAT takes days to actually enable for me. It recorded 4/18 and 4/19 then skipped 4/20. The guide is not showing the PT icon and the Daily Schedule does not show PT events either. Frustrating...

Before I saw this I actually started a new thread...sorry.....
This has hapened to me twice now. Was fine up to last Saturday. Then last night (Sunday) even though it did not show in giude as recording any PTAT one network (ABC) showed up in my PTAT folder this morning. Guide for today for the remainder of the week does not show PTAT as set either. PTAT is enabled. I did have two hits sent yesterday for an on going RSN issue that will resolve for two hours at a time with a hit. On S207.

If you had an RSN issue could it have affected your locals in the system also? (What was the RSN issue?)

Very possible. My RSN issue is a local one. My regional games that I am to recieve and that are not to be blacked out are when I try to view. I have have had over half a dozen calls to support as well as a tech out. The tech said this is a known issue in our city and Dish is aware of it yet when I call they know nothing of it :rolleyes: He said it is an issue only with the Hopper/Joey system and that the older equipment are not having the issue here. He said it was an issue involving the spot beam for locals and our zip code (94534) where the Hopper will not hold the programming for RSN games, so yeah, I guess it is possible that may have something to do with it. Very frustrating though. To watch I have to have a hit sent where it holds for two hours then I have to call and have another hit sent to finish the game. As soon as the game (or two hours) are over it losses the ability to view the non-blacked out game. Initially I was pretty happy with switching from Direct but now, not so much.

For the second time this week I have had PTAT stop. On Saturday (4/21/12) PTAT failed to record. Last night(4/22/12) and Saturday night the guide did not have any programs marked PT and did not record however last night....ONLY ABC shows did record even though the guide was not reflecting it anything set to record PT. Today when I go to my PTAT folder there are the three shows from ABC but nothing else. PTAT still shows as enabled. Guide does not show PT at all for this week. Yesterday I had two hits sent due to RSN issues so the system has been hit since this started but did not help last night. Still on S207.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
I just wanted to let you know we are aware of this issue and are aggressively pursuing a resolution. There is a software fix coming. Thank you for your patience.

It looks like I'm having the same issue, PTAT is enabled, but hasn't recorded anything since Tuesday. I do see the Yellow icons in the guide going forward though. When I look at the Daily Schedule, PTAT shows that I have timers set for are no longer showing as skipped with the PTAT handling the recording. I'm still on 207 software. Are there any workarounds? This is incredibly frustrating and PTAT has worked perfectly for the past month, I don't know why it would just suddenly stop working.

It looks like I'm having the same issue, PTAT is enabled, but hasn't recorded anything since Tuesday. I do see the Yellow icons in the guide going forward though. When I look at the Daily Schedule, PTAT shows that I have timers set for are no longer showing as skipped with the PTAT handling the recording. I'm still on 207 software. Are there any workarounds? This is incredibly frustrating and PTAT has worked perfectly for the past month, I don't know why it would just suddenly stop working.
I ended up just disabling PTAT, saved, then re-enabled it, saved, and everything looks like it should again. But, I will keep a close eye on it. Hopefully, 209 will address this.

I ended up just disabling PTAT, saved, then re-enabled it, saved, and everything looks like it should again. But, I will keep a close eye on it. Hopefully, 209 will address this.

Glad that worked for you. For me however, that did not do any good and was only when S209 was pushed did it seem to correct the issue. Since then there have not been any further problems.

So I got my new LNB installed at about 7:30 this morning before I went to work and my signals are still coming in good including my HD locals. I gave it a couple hours and came home during my lunch break to check on it. I'm sad to say that I don't think the new LNB fixed my problem. PTAT is still enabled on both hoppers and I did a hard reset on one of them but PTAT still doesn't show in my scheduled recordings and the PT logos still don't show up on my guide for the PTAT shows. This has me thinking that PTAT won't record again for me tonight but I guess I won't know for sure until 7:55.

I'm hoping that it will work tomorrow after everything shuts itself down, reboots, and downloads new guide information at 1:00am tonight.

I got S209 on both hoppers last night. They are both showing PTAT in the daily schedule for the first time since 3/27. That was the only night PTAT recorded successfully for me on either hopper since my upgrade but it looks like S209 got it going again. Hopefully this is a permanent fix and it doesn't just work for one night and quit again like last time.

Got the PTAT skip bug last night that a few others reported. Basically, nothing recorded last night even though it was enabled. Still on s211. The previous 6 days worth recorded fine though. Not sure what will happen tonite.

Got the PTAT skip bug last night that a few others reported. Basically, nothing recorded last night even though it was enabled. Still on s211. The previous 6 days worth recorded fine though. Not sure what will happen tonite.

was able to get it started again by rebooting the hopper. Apparently the box stopped recording anything. PTAT worked fine last night, but obviously won't bring back the other nights' missed recordings.

PTAT has failed for me tonight. All primetime shows are listed as recorded, but in reality just the first 2 to 12 minutes are recorded in each show. Very frustrating! :(

I started losing channels in my favorites list now. S211 is on the affected hopper, yet it had only started this in the last couple days. Didn't happen with any other software versions and can't think it was happening when i got S211 to begin with?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts