PTAT Bugs, Problems, Dislikes ...

I follow my general rule and keep most things with a hard drive on a back up UPS. It will not help with blocked signals, but might save recordings from a brown-out.

Tonight PTAT

Can anyone tell me what shows are being recorded in PTAT please...I'm not at home and on my recordings I only have 2 shows recording...Thanks

Well as of 9:30 eastern time, I have dancing with the stars, the firm, q'viva the chosen, Hawaii five o, fairly legal and shark tank

After S204, one of my two Hoppers stopped doing PTAT. So far everything I tried has not restarted it. I just reset to factory defaults and re-enabled PTAT, will see what happens in about two hours. The guide did show the PT symbols the last couple of days but nothing was recorded.

That's interesting that it's only happening on one of them. I know this is just a software issue, but I hope they see these threads so they can know what's happening out there.

Resolution!

So the resolution to my problem was that the LNBF was bad, specifically for 129.

The odd thing is it wasn't bad enough to interfere with watching TV, as all HD channels, including my locals, were fine for viewing any time of the day, including during Prime Time. I swapped it for a known good one and the next night PTAT recorded without issues.

I hope that if someone else has this same issue this might lead them to a resolution.

I know it's been talked about with sporting events, but I don't know if buffer is the right word but there is some time padding involved, I am sure someone will will add and clean up my answer. I will be looking forward to see how sixty minutes comes out with PTAT

I'm having the exact same problem with PTAT! Nothing is recording and, of course, I can't add any timers! My second Hopper (replacement for one not working) was installed Saturday. PTAT was enabled this afternoon. I'm so sorry I left DirecTv for this nightmare. Is this the worst beta-testing for a major new product or what?

I'm having the exact same problem with PTAT! Nothing is recording and, of course, I can't add any timers! My second Hopper (replacement for one not working) was installed Saturday. PTAT was enabled this afternoon. I'm so sorry I left DirecTv for this nightmare. Is this the worst beta-testing for a major new product or what?
I'm sorry you left too.....

Iam having the exact same problem , hopper shows the "pt" icon on the guide but doesn't record anything , so far out of one week , it has actually only recorded one prime time session . I have tried hard resets ,to no success. Help!

ptat shows nothing in dvr, no folders, shows no events to display.
red record light is on everynight during prime time
ptat yellow timers show in guide
installed 3-16
csr say i receive my hd on sat 129 transponder 25 my sig strength is 48 on that transponder.

installer back today and could find no problem or resolutions.
software 2.04

looking for ideas since phone support and second installer has no answer

For anyone that is having the same problem listed above, please send me a PM and include the following information:

-Phone/account number
-What happens when you try to view something in PTAT
-Please verify that you receive HD locals
-Satellite setup (orbitals that you currently receive can be found in menu-settings-diagnostics-system info, or in the point dish screen)
-When you first enabled PTAT (must be enabled at least 20 minutes prior to events starting in order to work the first day)
-Software version

Also, please make a public post in this thread

PM sent. Also, I posted my issue in this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thread280623.html

First post here...

I have a similar problem. It surfaced Saturday night while setting up timers on our new dual hopper/joey configuration. Once I set the timer for Formula 1, I lost sat 129 (and lots of HD). I removed the timer and HD came back. Sunday morning, 129 was gone, again. I unplugged/replugged, did the switch reset thing with no luck. I called Dish, we did the same things and it came back. The tech noted in the ticket that if it happened again, we'd have a service call. It happened again when I setup PTAT on the same Hopper. Tech is coming this afternoon. Because PTAT can't be disabled once the recordings have started, we never got 129 back. I checked signals and 129 is good on tuners 2 and 3, and locks on 1, but never gets the name. So, my guess is that the Hopper is bad. I guess I'll find out this afternoon.

Scott

I found that PTAT wasn't taping and realized i had started taping a show i was watching and it kicked ptat off its tuner. It really needs a double yes prompt before kicking ptat off its tuner.
I did have 1 event where ptat didnt work and it was the only tuner recording so dish credited me with 1 video on demand when they admitted it was a system error and the chat tech also lost their programs. If everyone requests and receives these credits maybe dish will make the programs available online if we mess up or they have system problems. They store them for 8 days. Let us have them. Pleeeease!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)