PTAT Bugs, Problems, Dislikes ...

monroef

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Anyone else not able to disable PTAT. When I go to Menu->Settings->DVR Defaults->PTAT and select disable and then save, I don't get any errors. But when I re-enter that screen, its shows enabled again.

Betting the PTAT hasn't been populated yet. It hasn't seen or downloaded anything. I can only go by other posts, seems it takes a couple of overnights first. Once it's functioning it probably will allow you to turn it on and off?

well, I turned it on just to see the feature. It recorded last nights prime time. But it won't let me turn it off now.

I disabled PTAT on both Hoppers, but it wouldnt let me do it until after it stopped recording for the night's prime-time session (Although for an unrelated reason I had to reboot one Hopper, and after that I was able to get in to the menu and disable PTAT then).

hope this gets resolved. i was planning to turn this off on all installs to avoid tc's.

Dish is instructing all installers to have the customer enable this plus there's all those nags on screen on how to enable it. Most customers will have it on.

I actually called in about the issue. The first CSR I got told me PTAT must be enabled and there is no way to turn it off :)

Dish is instructing all installers to have the customer enable this plus there's all those nags on screen on how to enable it. Most customers will have it on.
My installer didn't enable it. And, the nag screen can be disabled in the settings menu.
I actually called in about the issue. The first CSR I got told me PTAT must be enabled and there is no way to turn it off :)
I think that deserves a roll-eyes, not a smiley.

That is 100% incorrect.
You are 100% correct about the CSR being 100% incorrect.

Help - Prime Time Anytime isn't showing up for tonight (Monday), program recorded today missing

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with my Hopper. Prime Time Anytime worked fine Saturday and Sunday, but it's now showing up on my schedule for tonight (Monday). It is showing up for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc. though.

Also, my Hopper was scheduled to record Days of Our Lives on NBC at 2pm today. It isn't showing up in the DVR but it shows up on the schedule as Completed by User Home Theatre, just like all of the shows that recorded successfully last night, which do show up in the DVR.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The same thing just happened re: the missing recording. Dr. Phil was supposed to record but isn't showing up under DVR.

I tried to create a new timer of a different program and received error msg 041 "The max. # of event times has been reached. No more can be created at this time without deleting one previously created". I only have about 20 timers created.

As I typed this, I tried to cancel out of the error 041 screen and the screen is frozen. Guess a reboot is in order?

I'm online with tech support now. One other interesting thing, the Hopper was super loud the first few days, but it worked. Today it's virtually silent, but isn't recording anything.

Edit: The Tech has no idea what's wrong. He said, "Thank you. I am reporting the issue with this information for a software bug report. " He has no idea why I can't record anything now.

Last edited:
Well, my brand new Hopper won't record anything. The online tech had me do several reboots and has now scheduled a technician to come to my house. :(

Very true!

After talking to tech support, I went through and manually deleted all of my timers. Now, I can record things again. :confused: How could only 19 timers fill up the Hoppers timers/events? I had 96 timers on my old 622 including all 19 of these and 77 others.

Can you set how long before and after you want PTAT to go???...I'm thinking no

Reason I ask is for thurs and fri...PTAT is from 6:55-12:05am...im guessing for basketball..just wanted to see if anyone else has this showing on their daily schedule

How often does the kangaroo come up on the bottom rt part of the screen and is their any way to disable it???

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
This is a recurring theme. I'm seeing a few posts talking about the message of reached limit of timers. At first thought it seems to be something with the PTAT recordings, just a guess though.

I actually deactivated PTAT at the suggestion of the online tech and I was still getting the 041 error message with only 19 timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts