PTAT Not Saving to My Recordings

Barry9196

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I know this was talked about some time ago, but I could not locate the thread to see if there was a resolution.

I set timers to record a bunch of of network series. Most do what they are supposed to do - save a copy from PTAT to My Recordings. But there are 2 series (that I know of) that will not save no matter how many times I delete and recreate the timer. I have them both set up exactly like all the others - New Episodes Only, 1 minute before and 1 minute after. If I forget to look at the PTAT list, I end of missing an episode. The two shows are Elementary and Revolution.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

-Barry

I am having the opposite problem. PTAT is saving all episodes of certain shows like The Following on Fox even though we have it set up to only save new episodes. I have deleted and recreated the timer several times. Other shows work fine. Fox replays the show every weekend so I have 2 copies of every episode. Only one is labeled new in the episode list.

I know this was talked about some time ago, but I could not locate the thread to see if there was a resolution.

I set timers to record a bunch of of network series. Most do what they are supposed to do - save a copy from PTAT to My Recordings. But there are 2 series (that I know of) that will not save no matter how many times I delete and recreate the timer. I have them both set up exactly like all the others - New Episodes Only, 1 minute before and 1 minute after. If I forget to look at the PTAT list, I end of missing an episode. The two shows are Elementary and Revolution.

-Barry
Hmmm. I have separate times for both of those show. No problems here.

I wonder if they are not properly tagged as new episodes in my market. Anyone in the Phoenix area having issues with these shows? As an experiment, I just set the timer to record all episodes. We'll see what happens this week.

-Barry

If you are setting up all your timers 1 minute before and 1 minute after you are probably having a priority conflict problem. Check that out.

Interesting thought. I was under the impression that with PTAT something like that wouldn't be an issue because it records everything on the channel anyway. I'll check it out.

When you make a series timer it does not cause conflicts unless you adjust the start early and end late times. I have 26 PTAT series timers set up and they do not have any adjustments and they work great. They seem to tweak themselves for a minute or two when needed. Last nite on my PTAT series timers for CBS, they adjusted big time for the sports program that was running over. The Hopper adjusted all of them but the last one (9pm CST). It appears to be kinda a hit and miss deal I guess.

Update: I adjusted all of my PTAT timers to have no shoulder times in the recording. So far Revolution has been saved to My Recordings. I'll know on Thursday if Elementary works. Thanks for the advice. My wife is happy, which makes me happy, which makes the CSRs at Dish happy. :D

Update: I adjusted all of my PTAT timers to have no shoulder times in the recording. So far Revolution has been saved to My Recordings. I'll know on Thursday if Elementary works. Thanks for the advice. My wife is happy, which makes me happy, which makes the CSRs at Dish happy. :D

Good luck, I am glad you have everyone happy so far especially the Mrs! Understand that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)