PTAT records wrong network feed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

grizliez

Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
United States
For last night's PTAT recordings, my local CBS feed was switched part way through 60 Minutes to the ABC feed. So, watching the recorded 60 Minutes and in the middle of a story suddenly I am watching America's Funniest Home Videos. So, I checked the other CBS shows for the night and Big Brother recorded the ABC feed of Once Upon A Time, The Good Wife recorded the ABC feed as did the last show of the night (The Mentalist maybe). So, I checked the ABC recorded PTAT videos and as expected they all recoreded the same ABC feed. I switched to live mode, selected my CBS channel and it was showing the CBS feed (not the ABC feed in this case), but the recording PTAT program for that time was recording the ABC feed.

Contacted Dish Support and they promptly told me to disconnect power for 10 seconds to force a reboot. Did so and nothing changed related to the recorded programs. The answer that came back when I gave them that news is that we should see what happens with it for tonight's recordings.

Anyone else seen any behavior like this with PTAT? Only probelm I had so far with Hopper was with a signal dropout which caused the rest of a PTAT show (one of the Olympic night recordings) to become unviewable. Otherwise everything has been good.

Something similar happened to one of my Hoppers during the Olympics. I watched a 4 hr Olympics show from the PTAT folder of the other Hopper and it played OK. My wife then saved the show and when she watched the saved version it switched to the ABC feed for the final 2 hours. There's definitely a subtle bug somewhere in the recording system.

Sounds like my problem. CBS, ABC, & NBC recorded ptat programs all have the local ABC feed recorded for them all night. Interestingly the FOX feed programs will not play at all. Had a storm move through when the problem started based on how far into recordings it was when things went wrong.

Rebooted Hopper after ptat recording over but before tonights ptat. Tonight all ptat recordings appear to be recording the correct feeds.

Dish says they have forwaded the issue to the engineers. Hopefully they can make this recover better from signal loss. This Is unacceptable.

Same thing happened to me and did the same thing on a manual record on the same channel. Anyone from Dish watching this thread? You are right about this being unacceptable. I just went back to Dish from Direct where I never had a problem like this and will consider whether I am going to continue with this Hopper if this is what it is going to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)