Dish is AGAIN saying my purchased reciever is leased!!

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
Check your accounts as Dish is again saying that my purchased receivers is leased.

This happened the last time they upgraded their online portal and they issue is back.

NOT VERY HAPPY

my receiver is leased, along with probably 97+% of Dish subs. so why should we check our accounts?

Actually my owned 211K shows leased and when I activated it I made sure that I had the CSR note that fact on my file. I'm not too worried, I have the purchase receipt.

Check your accounts as Dish is again saying that my purchased receivers is leased.

This happened the last time they upgraded their online portal and they issue is back.

NOT VERY HAPPY

It kept happening with either one, two or all three of my 622s from 2005-2008. Each time I had to go through the CEO email route to resolve the situation. Although my account was "noted" the system kept changing ownership and nobody ever read the notes. Go figure!

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and my owned 622 is showing as leased. I'm going to send MattG a PM.

I guess I should be really happy then as one of my leased 622's is showing as owned.
1969.gif

My 625 has bounced berween leased and owned, executive office has corrected many times. The last time it was changed to owned I deactivated it no one has requested a return of the leased receiverbut I don't dare to activate it. I guess that puts me between a rock and the hardplace.

my receiver is leased, along with probably 97+% of Dish subs. so why should we check our accounts?

If you'd actually read the title of the thread, you'd know it wasn't directed at people that lease.

It kept happening with either one, two or all three of my 622s from 2005-2008. Each time I had to go through the CEO email route to resolve the situation. Although my account was "noted" the system kept changing ownership and nobody ever read the notes. Go figure!

Same thing happened with my 622 for years 9tons of notes on my account to about it) until I finally sold it, and I was sure I'd get a call from the guy that bought it saying they wouldn't allow him to activate it. Thankfully, that didn't happen.

I think it one of those deals where it's "leased" when it's functioning properly and "owned" when it's broken and needs repair. It's been my experience with the various cable and satellite companies over the years that they can always figure out a way to bill you when it's broken. Generally if it's leased equipment they are on the hook for the repair bill but if you own it, you get the bill. I love Dish network but they're a business like any other

If anyone has a problem with a purchased receiver showing as leased, please send me a PM with your account info

In addition to this, for those that PM me with the leased/purchased receiver problem, please also include the receiver number in question. In order to get the status changed, I will also need some sort of proof of purchase. The proof can be emailed to me at matthew.gonzales@dishnetwork.com If you do not have proof, please still send me a message, and I will do everything that I can.

I think it one of those deals where it's "leased" when it's functioning properly and "owned" when it's broken and needs repair. It's been my experience with the various cable and satellite companies over the years that they can always figure out a way to bill you when it's broken. Generally if it's leased equipment they are on the hook for the repair bill but if you own it, you get the bill. I love Dish network but they're a business like any other

Umm.. not even a tongue in cheek here? Dish will replace your broken receiver, even if you own it, for the price of shipping it. $15, big deal! You might want to get the real facts before you pass the BS....

In addition to this, for those that PM me with the leased/purchased receiver problem, please also include the receiver number in question. In order to get the status changed, I will also need some sort of proof of purchase. The proof can be emailed to me at matthew.gonzales@dishnetwork.com If you do not have proof, please still send me a message, and I will do everything that I can.

Matt got me fixed up, I'm back to owned. Thanks Matt!

See below.

Actually my owned 211K shows leased ....

It kept happening with either one, two or all three of my 622s from 2005-2008....

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and my owned 622 is showing as leased...

My 625 has bounced berween leased and owned...

Same thing happened with my 622 for years...

FYI - They charge $69 for an out-of-warranty owned DVR.

DISH Network will replace purchased equipment that is not working that are out of warranty. These receivers have a fee, plus the cost of shipping. If you have the $6 per month Protection Plan the exchange and shipping are free.

I leased a 622 years ago and a few years later I purchased a 722 from DishDepot.com. I run both receivers still. The receipt from DishDepot has vanished at some time ago when we cleaned out the house.
Nevertheless Dish Network should have a record that my 722 never shipped as a lease, and not just claim ownership without proof either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)