Dish is AGAIN saying my purchased reciever is leased!!

Besides, my account shows all kinds of weird stuff that isn't true:

It says my 722 isn't connected to Broadband. Fact is, it is connected to DSL since years.

It says my External Hard Drive is NOT enabled. Fact is, I have that feature ever since it came out, and it still works.

Forgive my absence. As some of you may know, a few of us DIRT members have been in training the past couple weeks.

For everyone that sent me a PM regarding this problem, if I have not got to you, I will.

UPDATE:

My issues is now resolved as my 622 now shows as owned.

Side note...I had to follow up with PAYPAL for a receipt as I purchased it on EBAY in March 2006 for...get this...$599.00 It was just released so supply and demand was at its peek.

Boys and the price of having the newest toys...

Thank you MattG of the DIRT team for your due diligence and follow up.

Just another example of great customer service from Dish and the power of Satelliteguys community.

Side note...I had to follow up with PAYPAL for a receipt as I purchased it on EBAY in March 2006 for...get this...$599.00 It was just released so supply and demand was at its peek.
waiting for a "proud" owner of a 921 to chime in, on both the price and reliability of that unit ;)

After reading this thread, I checked my acct. and saw my receiver was listed as leased.I had purchased a 622 in march of 2006. the HDMI output was defective and was replaced twice by Dish, finally with a 722 that has been working great since then. i contacted MattG here and he said he would need the receipt. I sent an email to The Dishstore this morning. Much to my surprise i received a call from Claude this afternoon and he emailed me a copy. I was astonished. Thank you claude for the outstanding service over 5 years after my purchase. i for one will always check your site when looking for any of my TV needs.

I have been a Dish customer for 13 years. I purchased my VIP722 from Dishstore.net for $399 in April 2009. I noticed yesterday that my VIP722 showed up as 'leased'.

In August 2009, the hard drive went out and they exchanged it, but that was within the 1 year warranty.

I found the receipt and called Dish yesterday. The first rep that answered said that since it was exchanged, it became leased. I asked for a supervisor. I explained the situation again and got transferred again. The 3rd guy named 'Gilberto' said he would correct the situation right away and asked for me to email him a copy of the receipt, which I did.

I just checked and they STILL have not changed it to 'owned'.

I am very frustrated about this. Are they trying to lose a customer of 13 years?

Last edited:
I have been a Dish customer for 13 years. I purchased my VIP722 from Dishstore.net for $399 in April 2009. I noticed yesterday that my VIP722 showed up as 'leased'.

In August 2009, the hard drive went out and they exchanged it, but that was within the 1 year warranty.

I found the receipt and called Dish yesterday. The first rep that answered said that since it was exchanged, it became leased. I asked for a supervisor. I explained the situation again and got transferred again. The 3rd guy named 'Gilberto' said he would correct the situation right away and asked for me to email him a copy of the receipt, which I did.

I just checked and they STILL have not changed it to 'owned'.

I am very frustrated about this. Are they trying to lose a customer of 13 years?
It does take up to 72 hours from when we receive the proof of purchase to have the receiver status changed. If you would like to PM me your account information, I can verify that the correct paperwork has been submitted. With the proof of purchase the receiver status will be changed.

It does take up to 72 hours from when we receive the proof of purchase to have the receiver status changed. If you would like to PM me your account information, I can verify that the correct paperwork has been submitted. With the proof of purchase the receiver status will be changed.
PM sent. Let me know if you need additional information.

Brett Casebolt

It is now correctly listed as 'owned'. Sure glad I saved the receipt.

If you don't have a receipt, it's awfully hard to prove you bought it, just like anything else you might have in your possession. ;)

I just lost a 625 receiver to dish network.. I bought it off of ebay over 3 years ago.. I couldn't prove it. It wasn't a big deal.. I only paid $80.00 for it and used it for almost 3 years.. But I could not come up with a receipt because of the age on Ebay..

Moral of the story.. "Keep your receipts"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts