PTAT/Save Series Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EAGLES

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
It seems that the default setting for saving a series from the PTAT recordings is for "new and reruns". If I go in to the timers and edit those to "only new" will it still work correctly as far as saving those shows from the PTAT partition? Will it know only to save the new shows to "my recordings"?

Thanks. Once I'm trying to get to the point where I have confidence that all of my shows set to save will transfer properly, and then cut down the PTAT to 2 days worth of shows. It would just cut down on the clutter in the PTAT screen.

I currently have the 722K. I know that if I am recording 2 live programs, I can watch a pre-recorded DVR program but I cannot channel surf live TV.

I am thinking of upgrading to to Hopper/Joey system so I can have HD on my second TV.

I understand the PTAT feature with the new Hopper will allow me to record 4 prime time shows at once. From what I've read, it uses one of the three timers in the DVR.
What I want to know, if I have the Hopper/Joey system, will I be able to record two channels at once, and still have the availability to channel surf live TV?
Will the PTAT feature have to be disabled in order to do this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)