PTAT shows using extra tuners

Juncti

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
New Orleans
Been searching but haven't been able to find anything about this.

I have a 2H2J setup, one of the hoppers has PTAT turned on. Instead of setting up timers for shows on those channels like on my previous DVR, we've just been using the save series option in the PTAT folder.

That's worked pretty good until recently. I've started having some shows using an extra tuner. So if you pull up the timers page you'll see the PTAT using 1 tuner, then a show like Elementary using another tuner even though it's part of PTAT and the timer was made from the PTAT folder. We are not actually watching that specific show at the time this happens, usually watching something off the DVR.

Hasn't been a huge issue yet as we try to use the 2nd hopper for other timers to help reduce the chance of conflicts, but I can see it could eventually be a problem.

Has anyone else had something like this happen? I can sometimes stop it by deleting the timer completely (while outside of PTAT hours and air time for that specific show), then re-saving the series from PTAT folder. That will make that show stop doing it but then something else like CSI or Raising Hope will start doing this behavior after a little while.

I have seen this. If you press the Red short cut button while viewing regular TV at this time, what do you see? Does it show a tuner outside of the PTAT grouping being used? I don't believe it actually uses a second tuner. I think its an anomaly.

I think if you are using PTAT (using one of the tuners) and you tune to one of those "Big Four" network shows, it will show up as using a different (another) tuner.

I looked at this tonight while NCIS was recording. In the Daily Schedule it showed PTAT recording and had a separate listing for NCIS recording. I then went to live TV and used the Red Button to see what was recording. All that appeared was the PTAT listing as recording. The other tuners were available.. So a second tuner is not used when you see this in the daily schedule. I don't know why it occurs. It may be a minor bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts