Status
Not open for further replies.

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
Scott,
Your teaser, about new HD, was enough to get me to check out the pub membership. It said a credit card would give instant membership; but when I tried to do it, the only option was Pay Pal. What gives?:confused:

Scott,
Your teaser, about new HD, was enough to get me to check out the pub membership. It said a credit card would give instant membership; but when I tried to do it, the only option was Pay Pal. What gives?:confused:

You can use a credit card via paypal.

Too bad this is turning into a "pay for inside info" kind of site.

Guess all good things eventually come to an end. To each his own, but I'm certainly not going to pay for rumors about TV.

Maybe it should be viewed more as supporting the site for all it does for us, rather than paying for rumors. It's a pittance.

Everybody wants things for free, give give give.

This site isn't free people!

It's costs thousands of dollars a year to run. If you want info before it gets put here then become a pub member and show your support.

If you don't support the site, sit back relax and wait for the news to be but here.

Guess all good things eventually come to an end. To each his own, but I'm certainly not going to pay for rumors about TV.

Too bad too many people these days just want a free ride. Good things come to an end when people out of the kindness of the hearts can no longer afford to financially run a site for "free" for everyone's enjoyment.

You are not forced to pay the dues. You are correct, it's just rumor until it's in the guide and available to subs. Rumors are good and bad, but I personally never paid to hear rumors, I paid cause I don't want to see this site, it's knowledgebase, and it's great atmosphere go by the wayside. Rumors are by far the least of the things I benefit from financially donating to this site.

Too bad too many people these days just want a free ride. Good things come to an end when people out of the kindness of the hearts can no longer afford to financially run a site for "free" for everyone's enjoyment.

You are not forced to pay the dues. You are correct, it's just rumor until it's in the guide and available to subs. Rumors are good and bad, but I personally never paid to hear rumors, I paid cause I don't want to see this site, it's knowledgebase, and it's great atmosphere go by the wayside. Rumors are by far the least of the things I benefit from financially donating to this site.

+1 Very well put!

NightRyder

I see a LOT of value in this site, not the least of which is the sheer entertainment! I'm happy to support it, financially and with the modicum of expertise I can share. I the past year, I have probably spent more time here than actually watching TV, satellite or otherwise! And I feel a true kinship with others here and I thank them for sharing what they can offer. $20 per year to help support the site? "Cheap at twice the price...!"

I agree. I pay so Scott can keep this site going. I gain a lot of info here. This is a great site. Inside info is just an added bonus.

S~

To bad some don't know of what they speak! :rolleyes:

I dont ask anyone to pay for Rumors, I ask people to support the site because they want to support the site.

If you have learned something or saved money because of SatelliteGuys then you should consider becoming a Pub Member.

Some Pub Members were upset that we have not posted any rumors in the pub lately, so this one landed in our lap and let the pub members know. Everyone else will find out "soon"

Also note for non pub members we have given hints to keep things interesting. :)

We have other information which pub members are also finding interesting, and it was not teased on the homepage or anywhere else. I consider some of this news bigger news then
the HD channels in testing myself.

No matter if you decide to become a supporter or not you will find out the news here first before any other site.

To those that just became supporters THANK YOU, this will help pay the huge bandwith bill which I just paid on my credit card. In addition we are working on adding another server to make SatelliteGuys even better for all. Also STAY TUNED we are working on something else big as well. :D :D

This site is like a second home to many and we pay to help KTLO, not just for rumors.

I'd be lost if this site wasn't around.:eek:

hmm I will have to put in my sig if you want to hear rumors from satellite guys click here. Instead of the whole benefit thing ;) This website is a great place to come and chat, and if something is wrong or you need help to come and ask, as I found out we have the answers faster then you could call dish and get them...and a better chance ours are facts and not a script!

+1 Very well put!

NightRyder

+2 From here too! :up

I want it! I want it! I want it now. And I want it free! And your going to do it now! And your not leaving till it is done!!!!

Ah I miss those days installing.... Seriously people, it takes money to put up a website, let alone one this big. Its not much of a fee anyhow and helps to support the site. Before anyone goes up in arms remember that it is just TV. Not that big of deal.

I say SCREW IT. Too many idiots trying to make a quick buck on crap. I'm not going to waste money on items that are pure CRAP! Invent a new way to make money.

I just joined the pub the other day. I must say it was well worth it. I should have joined a long time ago. Thanks for the great site Scott, I have learned a lot and saved some money because of the information I found at satelliteguys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)