Public Service Announcement: The Hopper can bring your Internet to it's knees!

If you're having problems, then do what i do. DL your content right before you go to bed. I often queue up 3 or 4 items and then forget about it. They're all done by the time I get up in the morning. I have a 15/1 connection and have never had a problem doing it this way. There are three other users in my house and three of us also game online (wife isn't interested in gaming).

just of into your Sonic Wall and limit the bandwidth the the Hoppers IP during the day and let it run full speed when you are in bed. I don't even bother trying to use VOD and such, 1.5 is the fastest connection I can get. So I don't think you should complain about your speed, you people don't know how lucky you have it......

My dad's 722 did this when he would try to download VOD on his crappy DSL connection.

Might want to try messing with the QoS controls on your router to see if dropping down the priority of the traffic coming from the hopper going out to the wild Internet helps. Or maybe bump up the priority of your LoL traffic. FWIW, I have a 30MbitD/4MbitU cable connection and I can play BF3 while it's downloading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)