Pulled the trigger today and have a few questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
digiblur said:
Hmmmm... wonder if I could get them back out to swap a receiver out. Ran into a conflict and those two extra dvr tuners would be great for those odd times. Only downside is no shared scheduling from what I read about two dvrs on the network.

Sure you can but the problem is now that $100 HDDVR is prolly going to cost you $199 or more. Always best to get everything you THINK you'll need first. Happens all the time. Some even get charged like $49 for the "upgrade" on too of the receiver price.

Sure you can but the problem is now that $100 HDDVR is prolly going to cost you $199 or more. Always best to get everything you THINK you'll need first. Happens all the time. Some even get charged like $49 for the "upgrade" on too of the receiver price.

I could always get my wife on the phone and let her wear some ears out :)

Its not a huge deal...decisions decisions...

call them today digi. there's a chance they will take care of you.

The wife called them due to some issues she had. Ended up getting the bedroom receiver swapped for no cost at all.

Apparently I have about 10 holes to plug with puddy from them having to mount the dish a couple of times. She was kinda upset when she saw the mess they made of the wall.

The wife called them due to some issues she had. Ended up getting the bedroom receiver swapped for no cost at all.

Apparently I have about 10 holes to plug with puddy from them having to mount the dish a couple of times. She was kinda upset when she saw the mess they made of the wall.
excellent. Now you're going to be happy and all it took was a little putty ;)

excellent. Now you're going to be happy and all it took was a little putty ;)

And paint and hope it matches. Oh well I will take the trade.

They said it was a receiver that records three things at a time. I didn't know they had one like that.

And paint and hope it matches. Oh well I will take the trade.

They said it was a receiver that records three things at a time. I didn't know they had one like that.

I don't think I've heard of that either. Hey maybe you'll get lucky and receive another HR34 :D.you can find more info online. You may see something under my account,pending orders.If nothing is there then click view all orders.

Did that and it just says HD DVR. They told her it would be 5 at one time. That would be a trip eh? Will find out in a few days. All in all super happy with this one.

HD DVR two tuners. Home Media Center five tuners. The order will clearly say HMC if HR34.
Still, a HD DVR for free when it would have been $100 extra isn't bad. Extra holes in your walls though? WTF.

HD DVR two tuners. Home Media Center five tuners. The order will clearly say HMC if HR34.
Still, a HD DVR for free when it would have been $100 extra isn't bad. Extra holes in your walls though? WTF.

I even told the guy it was too high when he was about to put the dish up there. Apparently he tried it as I found the holes for the foot and the struts. Even the dish1000 wasn't even that high and it has a lower look angle in my area than directv's birds. I have them patched up for now in case rain decides to creep in. Will have to work on it this weekend when I have more light.

Guess it is an even trade $100 of patch work and a little paint.

Wow... looks like the HR34 failed us tonight. I had setup our programs to record the series for this week. I set them up for First Run episodes, and it failed to record one show on CBS and one on Discovery. No one skipped them since no one was even home. Argghhh.... I checked the ToDoList earlier and there were no conflicts listed, I'm not 100% sure I saw my shows but I saw a good bit of them in the ToDo list for the evening.

I've noticed scattered programs between Discovery, USA, Spike, etc where we have it set to record the series of first run only.. it keeps recording last weeks episodes. Plain as day it says First Run only on the screen when you hit info and it above it says First Aired 02/21/2012. Really? it's a first air when today is not even 02/21?

Wow... looks like the HR34 failed us tonight. I had setup our programs to record the series for this week. I set them up for First Run episodes, and it failed to record one show on CBS and one on Discovery. No one skipped them since no one was even home. Argghhh.... I checked the ToDoList earlier and there were no conflicts listed, I'm not 100% sure I saw my shows but I saw a good bit of them in the ToDo list for the evening.

I've noticed scattered programs between Discovery, USA, Spike, etc where we have it set to record the series of first run only.. it keeps recording last weeks episodes. Plain as day it says First Run only on the screen when you hit info and it above it says First Aired 02/21/2012. Really? it's a first air when today is not even 02/21?

Actually, the weird thing with series recordings on the DTV receivers, they sometimes also record the episode you set up the series recording from. If you found an episode in the guide and used it to set up the series recording, it will often record that episode too, even if it doesn't match your settings. I've noticed this before and just cancel or delete the non-matching program.

As for the missed recordings, did you check the History yet? It won't recover missed recordings, but it can tell you why the DVR thought it didn't need to record your programs.

I remember trying to set up a series recording for "Lost Girl" on SyFy. The series recording didn't work because the Lost Girl episode were broadcast the year before in Canada,& the broadcast dates were from the first time they were recorded,one year ago. Unless the show is a rerun,they'll have the first broadcast date as the date the show will broadcast.
This is not a HR34 issue,this is true of all DVR's. The safest bet is to check the program information under info,if the date is current or future,set it for first time recording,if not then set for all recordings & prepare to delete excess recordings of the same program(the light bulb just went off over my head about how I should set the series recording for Lost Girl).

When you set up a series recording,go to the recordings section of the menu from your remote.When you go to the recordings section,go to Manage Recordings & then to the To Do List. This will show you if your first run program is set to record. If it isn't,it may be considered a rerun due to the first broadcast date being earlier than the date you set to record. In that case,you can either set up a one time recording schedule(& continually repeat that process),or change to all recordings & delete the excess recordings of the same program.

Awesome Advice ... Thank you for suggesting "today" (my install day) they've corrected one of the major issues for me, now swapping one of the plain receivers for a DVR ... at no cost...

And when the installer comes back.. they will fix the problem I just found.. they installed the power inserter close to the dish, but there's no UPS there... the whole point of me having UPS's is to keep the DVR and dish going during power failures or momentary blips. I can't tell you how awesome it has been, to have a DVR on a UPS, able to continue recording when a power blip would've booted the DVR before..

Anyway.. Thanks again for the reminder.. do it now ... while still fresh, especially if you've got grievance. (my sales process is a case in bait -n- switch, -n-switch, -n-switch again, come clean, scratch everything and re-set it up again, and then again)

Status
Please reply by conversation.