Unable to get HD on fourth reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wprattutah

Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Sandy, UT
I have a SWM-8 attached to the following receivers.
-- R10 DVR (attached to Legacy Port)
-- HR20-700
-- H24-200
-- H23-600
-- H21-100

I recently added the Whole Home service, and simultaneously added the H23-600. I do not seem able to get HD signals on one of the receivers... the last one to boot up. I power the entire system down, repower the Power Inserter, then fully boot up the DVR, then fully boot each receiver in turn. The last one gets a 771 on the HD channels.

Any thoughts?

Are you using the BBC in the H23? If so that's your problem. I've seen a lot of H20's drop the 99 and 103 for no reason and a receiver swap corrected the issue. Also, have you reran satellite setup yet? Maybe the receiver isn't suppose to see them birds...then again, if it wasn't suppose to see them it wouldn't tune to the HD station

The length from the dish to the SWM-8 is about 35 feet. The DVR is located with the SWM-8 The other receivers are each 30-40 feet from the SWM-8.

I am able to get HD on each receiver, unless it is the last one I boot up. I can move the problem from receiver to receiver.

Is it the same port on the swm8 that you are connecting last? It could be a faulty switch. Maybe try a different port.

It sounds like you have more receivers hooked to the SWM8 than you're letting on.

IIRC, there's a diagnostic that will tell you how many SWM channels are in use.

Note that the allowable distances shorten up significantly if you're running everything off of a single SWiM port.

It sounds like you have more receivers hooked to the SWM8 than you're letting on.

IIRC, there's a diagnostic that will tell you how many SWM channels are in use.

Note that the allowable distances shorten up significantly if you're running everything off of a single SWiM port.

The list I posted is my full equipment list. One receiver on the legacy port and four receivers on the splitter from the SWM port.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts