Pulling my hair!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottc98

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Columbus, OH
Decided to put to use the Diseqc switch I got from sadoun but having some probs.
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/DiSEqC/SDS41C.htm

I've got my Invacom Quad at IA5 and a DSS lnB at 91. Both work fine when pluged straight into the receiver, but only one of them work when I hook up the switch.

I've tried using all 4 inputs with no avail.
Using a Fortec Classic NA. Only changes being made is setting disqec #.

any suggestions?

***NOTE****
disconected power to the reciever during every change.

Did u get the switch brand new? has it EVER been switched with the receiver on?

I know that when I use my switch, if the signal is low it can take over 30 seconds to switch. If I go from G10 (usually around 80%+) to AMC3 (usually in the low forties) it can take FOREVER. but if I go from AMC3 to G10 it is almost instant. Try giving it a minute, literally =)

If that doesn't work, I would suggest makeing sure you save your settings, I know my fortec is great for setting something up and exiting out of the menu and it goes right back to the pre-change settings. Change the switch number and be sure to save.

this may seem silly but I always label my cables coming into the house also. I can't tell you how many times I have had something not work and find out it was because I had the wrong cable hooked up. I know that sounds stupid but it is VERY easy to do. They all look the same to me =) So double check the satellite matches the cable matches the setting.

If none of that works, switch may be bad.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Did you turn the box off with the switch in the back when adding the switch?

Also, did you number the diseqc ports on the menus?

Mine changes almost instant regardless of port used

Iceberg said:
Did you turn the box off with the switch in the back when adding the switch?

Yes. Anytime I made ANY wiring changes to the switch or at the lnbs, I turned the power off. Straight from the tip of the Iceberg :D

Iceberg said:
Also, did you number the diseqc ports on the menus?

Yes. input 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc...

Signal on IA5 is in the 40's. 91 is in the 80's.
Maybe i need to wait a little longer between switches. This is the first time I've used one of these (always used 22mzh switches in the past).

Brand new switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)