Purchasing on-demand content (VOD) without phone line

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rickzedan

Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
FYI

I spoke with support and they told me that if I wish to purchase "pay" content from the VOD channel, that it can only be done via the phone line. Support mentioned that at some point in 2008 users will be able to purchase VOD content via their website.... so for now I'll have to use a 50 foot phone cable when I want to make purchases. Perhaps I should put in a wall jack ... :)

I don't know if it is working this way yet, but you order VOD by adding a program to your queue via the remote and the communication (including billing) will use the internet connection rather than the phone line. Ordering PPV will soon use this method also.

I think regular ppv is already starting to use this method as well. The wife and I ordered a normal ppv the other day(not vod) and it was on our online bill within seconds thanks to the powerline adaptor we have hooked up to the hr20. No phone line is attached, only the network.

If you have the latest national release on your receiver, and you are connected to the internet you are fine. It probably is better to order online via DirecTV.com because all your receivers connected to your satellite dish will get the PPV order. Generally VOD is no cost, to compete with Cable TV which offers it at no cost per viewing. It's PPV that cost for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts