Purple Haze Daze Installtion confusion

Y2k06

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
Got my 622 by UPS yesterday - yipee-

The installer is due out Saturday to 'install' it.

Here's my setup.

DP dual for 110/119 - one single for 61.5

Switch is DP40

Feeding 4 lines out of switch to 4 rooms. 2 301's, a 211 and what will be swapped to a 622 for an old PVR of some model.

Logistics.

Main room where HD comes in only has ONE RG6 - virtually impossible to run any other coax - one small RG59 going into interior wall somewhere disappearing but connected to OTA anntenna in attic.

QUESTION.

What is the difference between switches with consensus saying I must have DPP44 to 'split' the signal to the main 1 wire room? Having looked at both switches, it appears the difference is one more incoming feed port on the 44, but still only 4 feed out ports to receivers on either switch?

Thus why do I have to have the DPP44 switch - there are no changes on the incoming sat feeds to the switch - still only 3 total LNB's feeding switch?

Anyone got a diagram/schematic as to why I need the 44 to be able to use the separator for the dual tuner on the 622?

QUESTION IS?

Its a technology compatibility difference not a configuration issue. The DP switches/LNBs dont support the DPP seperator. The DPP44 is compatible with a DPP seperator. There are other differences too but this is the key to a single cable to a dual tuner.