Putting on vacation question

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
If I put my account on vacation can I still watch the recordings on the EHDD and the DVR in the 622 unit I have or does the account have to be active to view them?
Thanks

You're welcome, I do not believe the EHD would work since authorization gets pulled when the account is on vacation. I am checking this out, and will let you know when I have more information.

I have never tried with a VIP series, but you can watch the recordings on a 508 with no antenna attached. You have to hit the DVR button a few times and it goes to it and plays, to this day.....

I tested the unit today for the final answer since there was some conflict. The DVR works and all the recording are viewable when it is NOT connected to the antenna. The EHD does not work which of course means it would not work when paused as the authorization is gone.

This is the exact answer given originally by DIRT member TommyF .... thanks agian.

Hum ... sounds like you like to argue .... I believe you are mistaken and TommyF did not say that at all.

However, for the sake of closure ... you are right and we can conclude it.

Cheers :lock1:

It isn't remotely fair to compare a 508 (a litigation DVR, I might add) with a ViP series DVR.

And yet it appears current DVR's work the same way though I agree with you it takes time for the authorization to go away. I don't see where TommyF addressed the DVR working or not working with the receiver not connected.

from the 522 and up, you DO NOT have to have it connected to a dish to watch DVR.

Seen it many times when I was an installer and doing dish movers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)