Status
Please reply by conversation.

chuckinnc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Western,NC
I have a spun aluminum 7' and 10' mesh dish with a few dings left over from the
vc2 and 4dtv days, I plan on putting on it up beside my garage/hobby shop building.
I use a old Coolast and ku only setup for the house, now I need something to play
with and search the skys as days get shorter and cooler. I plan on using a old remote controll c band mover for the dish motor but not sure what to get in way of a
multi task receiver, or lnbf to replace the old lnb/pol motor setup?

- are you going to put up both the 7' and the 10'?
- what sort of signals/programming are you looking to get?
- please post pictures of both dishes - I'm sure by knowing the models, you'll get more feedback.
- since you've got Ku under control, would C-band only on the BUD(s) be okay?
- to go on the cheap (but adequate), get the C2 LNBF from SatelliteAV (gold sponsor, top of this page)
- as for receiver, it really depends on what you want to get.
- for dish mover, I'm not fond of the old Analog receivers, but I'm sure you'll get some useful comments here on 'em. - :up

Here is what I am looking for

I have a good OTA antenna system that gets all the networks, nbc,cbs,abc,fox,cw,me,tufff and rts and a few others so I am looking for wildfeeds
or something not on OTA, on ku I catch bio & his on 101 and alot of good stuff on 97
but that's about it so I plan on put my 7' deep dish spin aluminum sense its undamaged and good physical condition. I hope to get wildfeeds or RFD, Outdoor channel or something you can't get on normal OTA, Im not really big in sports but
like anything you can't get OTA, like searcing for wildfeeds in the old C band analog days.

I Have
- are you going to put up both the 7' and the 10'?
- what sort of signals/programming are you looking to get?
- please post pictures of both dishes - I'm sure by knowing the models, you'll get more feedback.
- since you've got Ku under control, would C-band only on the BUD(s) be okay?
- to go on the cheap (but adequate), get the C2 LNBF from SatelliteAV (gold sponsor, top of this page)
- as for receiver, it really depends on what you want to get.
- for dish mover, I'm not fond of the old Analog receivers, but I'm sure you'll get some useful comments here on 'em. - :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts