PVR 510 Problem? - Elapsed Time short?

jkohnman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Hi,

Okay, now something new. For the last 2 days all my recorded shows show 1 minute short in the show time. So if it's a 1/2 hour, is shows 29 minutes. 1 Hours comes up as 59 minutes. Can't tell if it's actually 'cutting off' anything, but it only has done it Tue & Wed.
I rebooted it, but still it's doing it. Anyone else seeing this?

Do you have a show scheduled to start right after the show missing 1 minute?

Do you have the "start 1 minute early" set?

That would be the problem, the 510 only has 1 tuner, so it can only record 1 thing at a time.

Time to switch to a dual tuner receiver

Do you have a show scheduled to start right after the show missing 1 minute?

Do you have the "start 1 minute early" set?

That would be the problem, the 510 only has 1 tuner, so it can only record 1 thing at a time.

Time to switch to a dual tuner receiver

Nope! none of the above. I did notice tonight that all of the shows with this problem display a copyright notice of "Guide information by Tribune Inc.". I recorded 3 discovery shows, and the last one was after midnight on Monday, that's the first one with the issue, the first 2 show at 60 min. All the rest since then show 1 minute short.

FWIW,

I can confirm the same symptoms with my 510. I have recorded hundreds of TCM movies and notice this occuring with the latest batch.

My 510 is doing the same thing.Every thing is 1 minute off. 29 minutes on a 30 minute show whats up with that?

Every thing is 1 minute off. 29 minutes on a 30 minute show whats up with that?

Instead of daylight savings plan, Dish has started a DVR savings plan, then using 1 minute every day to download a mind control program. :D

One of my boxes has 363 and one has 365. So instead of missing a "24" timer, I just miss the cliff hanger minute, which is worse?

My 510 is doing the same thing.Every thing is 1 minute off. 29 minutes on a 30 minute show whats up with that?

Ok, I have a weeks worth of shows to catch up on, version 365 installed last night, and all of todays recordings show :59 minutes as posted above, but the recordings earlier in the week are 1:00.

So that confirms 365 has this bug, or is actually recording 59 min 59 secs

Ok, I have a weeks worth of shows to catch up on, version 365 installed last night, and all of todays recordings show :59 minutes as posted above, but the recordings earlier in the week are 1:00.

So that confirms 365 has this bug, or is actually recording 59 min 59 secs

I never thought about it recording 59 Min 59 Sec. I haven't really noticed anything getting 'cut off' on the shows, outside the couple that pretty much did that before anyway.

I have a 508 and it is fine but the 510 is off 1 minute. weird! I hope i do not miss a cliff hanger sponge bob.that would suck:)

P365 infection on 508

I never thought about it recording 59 Min 59 Sec. I haven't really noticed anything getting 'cut off' on the shows, outside the couple that pretty much did that before anyway.

Ok, its actually cutting off the end of our shows, even thought the timer is set for 1 minute early.

I've also noticed several other bugs with P365, and have seen people at other websites complain about these too.

My 508 has missed timers already with 365, then if it records the show its cut off the last minute, (not usually an issue unless its one of those cliff hangers on a tv station running behind schedule), and then it has started deleting my recorded shows before I have wathced them and heas even deleted protected programs.

Other issues have been jerky fast forwards, and blank screens, and audio during screen saver is new also.

Well, my 510 is now doing the same thing, just got the "upgrade" last night, now I get the stupid Tribute Media Services message and this thing with the timers recording one less minute. Hope someone could tell dish about this.

Well, my 510 is now doing the same thing, just got the "upgrade" last night, now I get the stupid Tribute Media Services message and this thing with the timers recording one less minute. Hope someone could tell dish about this.

I just filed a compliant with the BBB. My call to tech support turned into an ugly scene, The tier 2 tech was rude, and even interrupted me several times, I had to hand the phone to my wife before I said something ugly to him, I never cursed and was a as calm as I could be, First tier tech was very courteous. My wife continued to talk to him, and he even upset my wife, something that rarely happens.

I am very upset with Dish over the last few software releases. I'm actually thinking about sharing the phone numbers I've got for tech ops and executive communications with everyone so you can get your complaints heard, but I'm not, at least not yet.

Last edited:
I can confirm the 29 min/59 min issue on my 508, along with the (C) notice from Tribune. This *is* with L365. FWIW, even thought Gilmore Girls (my wife's recording :) was listed as 59 minutes, the recording was long enough to see the previews from next week. I know other shows (Heroes, for example) are always right up to (if not over) an hour, so there could be problems there...