pvr 800 records. openbox/soloment/sathawk are the same receiver i think.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
it saves recordings on a flash drive. but i want to save them and play them on the pc or transfer them to a dvd and play them on the dvd player. or is there a receiver that does what the openbox does and records in a open format? thanks, charlie

You can convert the recordings from .dvr to .ts format (the name of the program to do it has been posted here multiple times), or you can (for future use) upgrade the firmware to a version that records in .ts or .mpg format.

As far as burning the TS or MPG files directly to DVD Video format, that may or may not be possible without re-encoding. It depends on the stream, and DVD is very particular about compliance. Blu-Ray would be easier to do without re-encoding, since the Blu-Ray specs are broader.

So far I haven't had any problems burning DVD's with my Openbox recordings using ConvertXtoDVD. Disclaimer: I've only done a few, maybe half a dozen.

ConvertXtoDVD re-encodes the video, which is necessary in most cases to make the stream DVD compliant. Another tool that will do this is VideoReDo.

dvdflick will do it too & its free, when coupled with imgburn it will also 1 click burn what u want also

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)