Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US is proud to announce that we will have reporters at the Voom Launch Event in New York City next week!

While we don't know the format of the show we decided it would be a good idea if we took some basic questions with us to the show to ask in case there is a Q&A period.

So what do you want to know about Voom?

do they plan on adding more "mainstream" HDTV stations and maybe consolidate their own 21 to make room so there is no loss of PQ..i am sure there will be mergers and takeovers of channels,so they can drop a MOVIE chan. to add CInemax or HD net...something like that

sorry, do they plan on taking over (or at least bidding) on slots from E* that become available to increase their capacity at 61.5..Maybe e* will get out of that bird all together as they seem to be going to the other end of the sky---121-105 110 etc

1) What do they have to say about the recent disclaimer that HBO, Showtime, etc. can be dropped at anytime if they lose their "temporary" license? Will the cost go down or what "guarantee" that us early adopters won't get "screwed"?

2) Recent reports indicate that they will include an adult HD channel. Will this be part of the $99.50 for all programming, or will they charge extra for it?

3) What efforts will they make to add newly added HD channels when they become available? If they plan to be the HD leader, then I hope that when new channels go live that they have them.

4) What "updgrade" policy do they plan for those of us that want the PVR version of their box when it comes out next year?

Here is the last chance to post some questions about VOOM. I'll be checking the board until 9am this morning. I have all your questions and there will be a lot of information posted today. As Scott has said I will give you the truth about VOOM. The good and the bad. Hopefully, I can take a lot of picture. So tune in. It will be fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts