Why was the press conference cancelled?

So is the program Voom cheerleading?

I ask valid questions, get no answers just propaganda.

Sean, queefer is "red ufo", who has been banned. Not only he acts like "red ufo", but queefer's first post on this forum was about "red ufo", what a coincidence!

Yea!!! Good call guys. I'm glad that's over with, what a queefer he was :D

Sean Mota said:
Yeah, I saw that... Maybe this time we banned him for good... Working on it.
Thanks Sean. And don't forget to watch for a possible "new" member joining today with the same kind of posts ;)

Though he was rude I think he had some valid points. For example - the poll that turned into a "report" that VOOM was indeed going to show a "real deal" DVR at the show. There was some question as to what would constitute "showing a real DVR" and I think that if someone had asked if having three units shut in a cabinet where no one can see the backs of them, admitting that the software doesn't have some basic functions, and not letting regular booth visitors see the units or run the software themselves constitutes "showing a real DVR" then we would have all agreed that it does not. However, when someone (me) posted that he thought the people who answered "no" in the poll turned out to be correct then the thread was closed.

I would guess SatGuys was told by VOOM that they would be showing the finished DVR at the show when it is quite a stretch to call what is going on "showing" or "finished" though it is probably a "DVR". So VOOM lied to SatGuys and if SatGuys wants to keep their channels of information open then they can't call VOOM on it. However, there is nothing that should prevent posters from calling SatGuys on not calling VOOM on their lies as long as it is done respectfully and without obscene user names. Eventually, even the press will get tired of being lied to by VOOM and really question them on everything they say. Such as "who is the person at Ucentric who cancelled the press conference?" "why did they tell you they were cancelling the press conference?" "If you are not even ready to have a press conference to introduce this DVR how can you expect to have it ready in 3 months?" "Is the DVR in production now?" etc.

jnardone said:
Though he was rude I think he had some valid points. For example - the poll that turned into a "report" that VOOM was indeed going to show a "real deal" DVR at the show. There was some question as to what would constitute "showing a real DVR" and I think that if someone had asked if having three units shut in a cabinet where no one can see the backs of them, admitting that the software doesn't have some basic functions, and not letting regular booth visitors see the units or run the software themselves constitutes "showing a real DVR" then we would have all agreed that it does not. However, when someone (me) posted that he thought the people who answered "no" in the poll turned out to be correct then the thread was closed.

I would guess SatGuys was told by VOOM that they would be showing the finished DVR at the show when it is quite a stretch to call what is going on "showing" or "finished" though it is probably a "DVR". So VOOM lied to SatGuys and if SatGuys wants to keep their channels of information open then they can't call VOOM on it. However, there is nothing that should prevent posters from calling SatGuys on not calling VOOM on their lies as long as it is done respectfully and without obscene user names. Eventually, even the press will get tired of being lied to by VOOM and really question them on everything they say. Such as "who is the person at Ucentric who cancelled the press conference?" "why did they tell you they were cancelling the press conference?" "If you are not even ready to have a press conference to introduce this DVR how can you expect to have it ready in 3 months?" "Is the DVR in production now?" etc.

I agree with your points but be very careful in how you respond after Sean sees this and responds or you too might have the same end result as queefer...banned!

jnardone said:

You are so off from reality. It is laughable...

Sean, me an queefer work for the same company, thus use the same IP Address.

Please don't confuse that and please quit cheerleading for Voom.

jnardone said:

Barring the ban of someone acting like a teenager...

Voom did show a Working Legitimate DVR. If they were Dish network then they would release it tomorrow and work on the bugs that way. This would create more churn which we know for voom is very bad. Instead they are going to take their software and work on getting it right (I cant blame them on that) before they release it to the public. When this the DVR I will likely get Voom.

Voom did not lie if they told the staff here they would have a working DVR. I have working software at home that Im building... sure if you type a^ge it crashes the entire kernel so i have to say its incomplete. But by gosh the program works (its a DB administration program for anyone who is curious)

The press conference was cancelled by NDS not voom.. so dont bitch about voom cancelling anything.

Further I think the ban was a good decision. I hate trolls and thats all he was good for.

I dont normally post in the Voom forum but I read it frequently.

DrWho said:

Hey ive heard nothing but good news for voom for the past couple of days... im cheering them on too.

DrWho said:

Ah... I am not... Tell him to stop acting like a child if ever wants to come back and post anything. That's it comes down to.

DrWho said:

And I bet he stopped by your office an let you know about this thread ;) :p

i did tell him that earlier

I don't know why he even comes to the voom site since he switched to direct.

But don't ban the IP, cause I do try to behave and only post a bit in the Direct TV Forums now.

Walter, he told me at lunch.

And I berated him cause I like coming to this site to keep up to date on things.

jnardone said:
There was some question as to what would constitute "showing a real DVR" ...

jnardone, I would say that most products shown at CES are not "real" if you want to define "real" so narrowly. Does it mean that all those companies are lying?

I disagree. Companies may show prototypes and developmental pieces to the press and existing wholesale customers at trade shows but the bulk of their display to the public is made of current and new production models. Items for which a large retail buyer attending the show can see, touch, use, and place an order for. The current VOOM box for example. We were told that the VOOM DVR would be in that category and it was not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts