QPF-031+180cm fortec+hh180motor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
hi
well winters is coming and I'm thinking of going with a bigger dish becouse I'm losing my goltv(110)in the evening.
have a 1.2fortec right now ,so would that help my signal ?
living in northern canada
thanks

What is your current LNB?
Which receiver are you using?
Do you have decent cable with few connections between the receiver and LNB?
Multiple switches can attenuate the signal, too.

I think due to satellite wobble you are probably too far north. Sure you could try a 6 foot dish but most LNB's are not made for a prime focus dish (DBS style). The QPH is designed for offset dishes so your signal may be worse.

Thanks , Ice. I'll check my work more carefully. :cool:
No point in confusing people.

Yea, I'd like to see some Ku-comparison data on the above three LNBs and maybe the two C/Ku band LNBs out in the market.
A 6-foot solid prime-feed dish like the Fortec 180 would most likely be a proper dish to test 'em on.
That's the smallest and cheapest dish someone who's Ku-challenged might buy.
There are just too many variations when you get to older 8-foot and above C-band dishes, some with good Ku performance, and some without.

The specs favor the expensive Invacom combination.
But maybe any prime-feed LNB using all that 6-foot reflector would beat an offset-focus LNB.
So, the the difference in the first three LNBs might be insignificant in comparison to using the wrong LNB.

The other point to consider is, if I ran the tests from California where most of the signals are pretty good anyway, they would most likely be invalid.
You really need someone out on the fringe of the signals to give it a proper test.

Iceberg, didn't you have trouble with one bird that only lit up the south?
Was it: http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/nahuel1_r3.html
No, I think it was: http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sm5_ku2.html
Wish there were some way we could get you some of those Ku LNBs to play with . . .

Satmex 5 sucks here in MN...very low signal and that is due to the footprint. Mike Kohl has tried it too on a larger dish and it is very weak

Weak and crappy signal is the perfect test condition to compare the LNBs.
Any little difference would be well noted.

If you can get those birds on your 6' dish and any of the LNBs, that'd be a success.
If you still cannot, that will put the damper on anyone in the area thinking their 1m dish would work - it won't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)