QQ-Box USB DVB-S Tuner - Unknown Device?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The LNB is stuck in high band which starts at 11700. The L103 Problem :-(

Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2°E - LyngSat

There are not many channels FTA Astra 28.2 on the high band.

Get a refund from the supplier.

Thanks for the reply - do you have any other information?
Is this device ultimately incompatible with UK Freesat/FTA?
Or is it an issue with SOME of the qqboxes that have a hardware issue?
Is there anywhere to buy this device with some sort of guarantee or is it a case of giving up using it in UK?

Thanks for the reply - do you have any other information?
Is this device ultimately incompatible with UK Freesat/FTA?
Or is it an issue with SOME of the qqboxes that have a hardware issue?
Is there anywhere to buy this device with some sort of guarantee or is it a case of giving up using it in UK?

It just a case of poor PCB design, and wrong component. Otherwise modified QQBoxes work fine.

The DM04 (the black plastic boxes) have exactly the same components and have no problems in the UK.

Hi everybody
I'm from morocco and i have also one QQ BOX
it's working in progdvb6 and altdvb but with a bad signal
my problem is with dvb dream
when i use one cable comming directly from the LNB i can't find signal in dvb dream,but when i use one other cable comming from the lnb out in the receiver i find signal in all frequency (depending of the polarization in my receiver)
so can you plz give me a solution for this problem
(in dvb dream v1.5e the device used is BDA & in prog dvb6 i use LME device)

Hi everybody
I'm from morocco and i have also one QQ BOX
it's working in progdvb6 and altdvb but with a bad signal
my problem is with dvb dream
when i use one cable comming directly from the LNB i can't find signal in dvb dream,but when i use one other cable comming from the lnb out in the receiver i find signal in all frequency (depending of the polarization in my receiver)
so can you plz give me a solution for this problem
(in dvb dream v1.5e the device used is BDA & in prog dvb6 i use LME device)

Hi Canalsat and welcome to the forum.

Let me see if I understand correctly:
You are using a dual output LNB, and DVBDream works when you use the loop out from the receiver, but not if you connect the QQ Box directly to the LNB?
If that is correct, do you have LNB power on in DVBDream? (because it sounds like you aren’t getting power to the LNB when hooked directly from the QQ Box to the LNB)
Also, are there any switches, splitters or other devices connected between the QQ Box and the LNB? (forgive my asking, but have to be sure)

Oh, and you may have gotten a response earlier if you had started your own thread.

thank's for your answer & plz wait a bit because i edit now a good video showing the problem & iwill put it in youtube today if i can.

Sounds like the noisy LNB voltage problem, and stuck in high band. Using another receivers pass through usually removes the noise.

In Windows LNB voltage is on by default, so at least some channels should be present.

Check the satellite you are scanning has high band channels (>11.7GHz).

nilsaaaat.jpg

All the frequencies from Nilesat 101 at 7.0°W are high band, check that the LNB is an universal type and not a special type for the receiver (pay tv).

Nilesat 101 at 7.0°W - LyngSat

I think the signal may just be too low and is amplified by the receiver.

I have this LNB :Bigsat Digital Ku-band LNBF universal single model:BS-201
Specifications

input
Low Band:10.7~11.7GHz
High Band:11.7~12.75GHz
L.O.Frequency
Low Band:9.75GHz
High Band:10.6GHz
Output
Low Band: 950~1950MHz
High Band:1100~2150MHz
Noise figure
0.2 dB(Typical)
Conversion Gain
50 dB(Minimum)
Band Switching
Low Band:0KHz
High Band:22KHz

but currently i use another universil twin that it work like the Previous

648670TETEchrLNBchrBIGSAT.JPG

mmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg

I don't know why i must choose on or off for 22KHz in normal structure(from dish to qq box) for taking the signal of some frequencies but normaly i must choose (controlled by lof-sw )like i do when i use the loop out their i have signal

their i want to tell you that finally i find the source of my problem
it was in the cover ,this cover of aliminium minimise the signal when it become neir the tuner
so i must now beyond the cover for taking an accepted signal in prog and alt but in dvb dream it's still very weak
have you any idea about how can i cut this contact between the cover & the tuner if i want return the qq box inside the cover
also i want to ask you about ravcho structure (http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=56224&d=1285781556 )
is it perfect for me to increase the signal?
best regards

Hey !

Hi Everyone !
I m new in ur forum
** My English Is Too BAD so So I apologize ,, i use sometimes GOOGLE TR **

I have a BLACK QQ BOX [ Like in the pic ]
First , I install the driver , & I install PROG DVB
& i do everything but the signal level is 80% or more & Signal QUALITY is 3% or 4% !

i read some problems like me
posted in this thread , & ADAM says : " You must apply the electrical insulating tape to either the PCB or the USB end plate. Without this the tuner will "FLY". "

is this the solution ??

If Yes , Where I should apply the electical insulating tape
And THANKS !
# I'll Die To Make This QQ BOX ON #

Attachments

• DSC05697.JPG
    DSC05697.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 244
  • USB-DVB-S-receiver-digital-satellite-receiver-TV-BOX-QQ-BOX-free-shipping.jpg
    USB-DVB-S-receiver-digital-satellite-receiver-TV-BOX-QQ-BOX-free-shipping.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 439
Quick warning

Just a quick warning, make sure you use the right drivers (for the right tuner)!

This may seem obvious but I couldn't remember what tuner I had and incorrectly thought it was the Sharp 0194. I also thought it would have a different hardware ID (VID or whatever) so wouldn't install with my USB device by default so when it installed I thought it was the right one. I then spent an hour or two trying to work out why it wasn't working with MediaPortal (resetting it, trying various setting etc) before moving to DVB Viewer which also didn't work before deciding to check these forums only to find out I had the 0288 (as I mentioned before). So I then installed the correct drivers and got it working in both programs easily ;-)

In retrospect I shouldn't be surprised they either gave the same PID & VID or put the PID & VID for the 0288 in the 0194 driver INF despite it not working....

Hey Nil
thank's for your warning but me i need just icrease the signal for some frequancies & 80% of channels work nicely

With linux driver of tvboxspy my problem with signal in QQ BOX is finally resolved in ubuntu 11.04
kaffeine & me tv shows all channels with a great signal quality 98% reverse of windows player who shows 40 % of signal quality
my dream still to run qq box in windows player with signal quality like ubuntu without changing my dish to one biggest cause my dish is less than 1 metre.
special thank's to tvboxspy for her important driver of linux.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)