QQ-Box USB DVB-S Tuner - Unknown Device?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Please help me!

How to install tvboxspy driver on Ubuntu 11.04 or 10.04,becouse i try but do it wrong maybe.In windows signal level is to low and channels freez with every player and driver.:confused:

Hi cvbyte
1_download lmedvbs_fw.zip and unzip it in (/home/youname)
2_enter to this folder:lmedvbs_fw
3_open the terminal and write :
cd ~/lmedvbs_fw
chmod +x lme2510_fw.sh
./lme2510_fw.sh
sudo cp -vf *.fw /lib/firmware

Thank you so much Canalsat!

But i don't make Kaffeine to work ver. 0.8.9 search channels,but don't find nothing.Only Metv work,but is not stable.Remote control don't work to.

for kaffeine you have to choose the satellite from main menu and wait for a long time it work fine with me
the remote control is off for me too i think tvboxspy can resoulve this and give us the name of this remote their we can search here Index of /remotes and copy the keys to remote.conf
i try now to make qq box on with vdr because the sound stop for me

remote

Linux media remotes have under gone significant changes recently and many user applications are broken. If you are using less than kernel 2.6.31 it is possibly completely broken.

By default lirc is loaded when the rc_core module is loaded. However, many applications do not support the capture keys.

keys 0-9 should work in Kaffeine and power, volume -/+ buttons the desktop.

Test this, open terminal and press the number keys.

There are three known types of remotes with the QQBOX/DM04, it is possible there are more.

Hi cvbyte
1_download lmedvbs_fw.zip and unzip it in (/home/youname)
2_enter to this folder:lmedvbs_fw
3_open the terminal and write :
cd ~/lmedvbs_fw
chmod +x lme2510_fw.sh
./lme2510_fw.sh
sudo cp -vf *.fw /lib/firmware

Hi,
i followed what you said here and downloaded the drivers from https://sites.google.com/site/tvboxspy/installing-linux-v4l-driver the latest v4l drivers, and i did the build command and make install etc... all work fine qqbox got detected but when i fire my program it keep saying tuning, it kicks in for 2 seconds then go tuning,

any hint?

and i got a tb5922 and installed the driver from there website after following there build instruction but not my QQ box does not work,

how can i make both work, as each time i build driver for one it overwrites the other.

what can i do for the long tuning message , it stays tuning all the time its not locking.

Thanks

Linux media remotes have under gone significant changes recently and many user applications are broken. If you are using less than kernel 2.6.31 it is possibly completely broken.

By default lirc is loaded when the rc_core module is loaded. However, many applications do not support the capture keys.

keys 0-9 should work in Kaffeine and power, volume -/+ buttons the desktop.

Test this, open terminal and press the number keys.

There are three known types of remotes with the QQBOX/DM04, it is possible there are more.

Hi, can you help me out please,

i get it to lock signal but its not syncing using drivers you posted, it keeps tuning , it switch to locking then it tunes again,
could you please advise me what to do to fix this issue?

what is the best Linux flavor to use with your drivers?

thanks.

QQ BOX work fine on VDR & XBMC with ubuntu bionacle 4 (based on ubuntu 11.04
but the remote still off

Screenshot-1.pngScreenshot-2.pngScreenshot.png

VDR +XBMC

Hi all!

I'm trying to get VDR + XBMC working, but I don't have lucky.

I have installed in debian, arch linux and now in lasted ubuntu and in all i have the same problem. I have cuts in the image and sound, seems to be the signal low, or a short buffer, I don't know. In other sofware like Kaffeine or me-tv, witch the same driver the device work successful, It's strange!

Can somebody help me? I know that CanalSAT have this combo working successful, but I don't know if him has the same problem.

Thanks and cheers all!!

I recently purchased a QQ Box to use with freesat. However, using a universal usb it was locked on to high band due to the L101 problem. The answer was to carefully remove L101 by gently prizing it with a small screwdriver while de-soldering each leg alternately and then glueing the inductor upside down on the other side of the board near the lnb socket. After re-connecting L101 with two fine wires the box works well. This way you don't have to buy the Murata Inductor. The problem was that placing the two inductors side by side created a transformer which coupled a permanent signal from the switched mode power supply to the tuner.
I'm using XP with the Sharp driver supplied with the box and Next PVR.

Hello all guys in this thread...I need to ask.....Did QQ Box can use this kind LNBF LNBF_Dual_Polarity_1x2.jpg? QQ Box Support that LNB'S Autoswitch ?Sorry for my my bad english n my newbie question.... :yes

Hi all!
I have installed in debian, arch linux and now in lasted ubuntu and in all i have the same problem. I have cuts in the image and sound, seems to be the signal low, or a short buffer, I don't know. In other sofware like Kaffeine or me-tv, witch the same driver the device work successful, It's strange!

I have tried VDR, the problem is that it keeps trying to change pids while the streamer is running. I am not sure what it is doing, but it gets to the sixth pid entry and keeps swaping for pids on other channels.

Unfortunately, the firmware does not support this.

The only soultion is to turn the pid filter off with

dvb-usb-lmedm04 pid=1

You can put this in /etc/modules (or /etc/modules.preload) file, so to always boot with the pid filter off.

Last edited:
I have tried VDR, the problem is that it keeps trying to change pids while the streamer is running. I am not sure what it is doing, but it gets to the sixth pid entry and keeps swaping for pids on other channels.

It appears that VDR examines other channels on the transponder with last PID entry.

Changing PID stalls the streamer, then the PID filter starts it again.

Again, the only way to overcome this is to turn the PID filter off.

Last edited:
tvboxspy
have you any solution to use the bleu ir remote of QQ BOX on DVB VIEWER or DVB DREAM?

Last edited:
hello i own the qq-box the sharp one im running windows 32-bit and i install and when i plug the usb cable into my laptop it connect then disconnects and says unknown device or sometimes it will show in device manager Chinese symbols

well i did get it to connect and install the driver but everytime i connect i get the same as stated ^^

please help

Hello,

I am trying to make my QQBox work with my Ubuntu 12.04. I have put the dvb-usb-lme2510c-s7395.fw in /lib/firmware.
My Ubuntu already acknowledge my QQBox, but when I start to scan to Palapa D using Ku Band using mumudvb, it always say card not tuned after 60 s.
My QQbox Lock LED always turn on RED.

Any clue what should I do next ? Need help :(

wow they pay you to buy that? You can get high quality usb tuners for $75 or less. Really not worth it paying for less and getting pure junk.

UDL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts