QQ-Box USB DVB-S Tuner - Unknown Device?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
QQ Box Runs in VLC for Windows Vista

Just getting familiar with VLC in case LME issues the Linux QQ Box 7395 Driver.

Using VLC Vista app. until I can load new Linux driver in Mythbuntu.

What I found useful is that VLC allows increasing the audio level to 400%, which is needed on a laptop for easy listening. Also the audio equalizer is very nice.

Attachments

• VLC_RTV.jpg
    VLC_RTV.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 203
USB DVB-S2 Q-Box ?

Hi everybody

I am confused, I just ordered one device " USB DVB-S2 Q-Box ? " from ebay.de the specification of this device can be find in this web-site USB DVB-S2 Q-Box II and i really don't know if is that the same device as QQ-box ...?

Becouse i'm a newbye in that question and i've already an H-H motor and i use windows-vista :mad:...........so please i should be grateful if i could get any information about this device.

Thanks in advance
Camane007

Not QQ Box

Hi everybody

I am confused, I just ordered one device " USB DVB-S2 Q-Box ? " from ebay.de the specification of this device can be find in this web-site USB DVB-S2 Q-Box II and i really don't know if is that the same device as QQ-box ...?

Becouse i'm a newbye in that question and i've already an H-H motor and i use windows-vista :mad:...........so please i should be grateful if i could get any information about this device.

Thanks in advance
Camane007

Welcome to the forum.

No it is not the QQ Box.

There is a long thread on the Q Box on the satellites.uk forum.

I received the QQboxes today, I ordered 3 of the cheapest from ebay.
They work well in DVBdream and win7 64bit! However, they diseqc switching does not work. I probably just need to find a plugin for DVBdream :D I will sort it out later, I received the dual mode microwave sensor for my car alarm so I gotta go install it :D

Attachments

• DSCF0250.JPG
    DSCF0250.JPG
    349.2 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCF0248.JPG
    DSCF0248.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 281
I received the QQboxes today, I ordered 3 of the cheapest from ebay.
They work well in DVBdream and win7 64bit! However, they diseqc switching does not work. I probably just need to find a plugin for DVBdream :D I will sort it out later, I received the dual mode microwave sensor for my car alarm so I gotta go install it :D

RBM-

Thanks for the pics. I notice that they did not grind down the USB PCB board. That is a change from earlier V05. You don't need to use tape on the board.

DVBDream comes with everything you need to operate a 4 port DISEqC switch. I never had an issue with that. You seem very knowledgable but I'll ask anyhow. You know not to plug the power on while connecting your switch?

I'm curious, are you going to run all three on one pc?

That confirms earlier post of w7 working and 64bit.

Adam,
I setup the qqbox with BDA drivers in DVBdream (''DD'') on 2 different computers. When I came back to my computer there was no signal anymore. I have never had one diseqc switch properly in win7 32 bit and also in 64bit. I am still testing all the device options and properties to see if i can find a winning combonation.

I am using the tuners in media center, it's the best PVR available. Using DVBlink it is possible to link up to 4 tuners with DD into media center for recording and eye candy and mooooore. I also have 1 genpix skywalker.

Last edited:
Adam,
I am using the tuners in media center, it's the best PVR available. Using DVBlink it is possible to link up to 4 tuners with DD into media center for recording and eye candy and mooooore. I also have 1 genpix skywalker.

That's way too cool, :cool: I have alot of questions about that.....maybe you can write up a tutorial on that:). I don't believe I could even get DD to work in media center. I thought that all the drivers had to be MS signed.

Last edited:
DVBlink takes care of all of that. About a tutorial- it was one of the most frustrating setups I have ever done and there is no way I can remember all the details. The support isnt very good but I can help get u thru it if u want to post your steps.

It is a $30 USD piece of software but worth it once u get rolling.

With free to air channels you should be able to use media center out of the box, no?

Update: I cant get the qqbox to get any signal in win7 64 bit. Switching does not seem to work in win7 and DD at all. I am very familiar with diseqC settings.

About hooking up the wires . . I always ground the rings before I insert the cable to dissipate any charges. Havent had a problem yet. Just in case, I swapped out one qqbox and the problems remain.

Even though the QQ is self powered I am going to free up a back USB slot on my puter since those front ones are useless with power sipping devices (just recording my debug process in case I forget what worked lol).

Last edited:
Well, let me tell you that the LME 7395- 0288 driver is near worthless. I noticed that this thread has had over 12K views so there must be more of us out there. I know LME is working on drivers and maybe in a month or two something better will come along. I hope they come up with a Linux driver so I can get rid of all the windows issues viruses and malware. I have a KWorld DTV dongle and it is basically the same thing as a QQ Box, but it always works, the driver never crashes, no bsod. The QQ Box hardware is much better then the driver for merit.
I know that the driver does not always reset the tuner between channel changes and some times you have to remove power to reset the tuner. I wrote a long detailed report to them about a month ago.

Last edited:
I know that the driver does not always reset the tuner between channel changes and some times you have to remove power to reset the tuner. I wrote a long detailed report to them about a month ago.

So you mean the Kworld DVB-S card needs to be unplugged? Or QQ? It is DVB-S?

Sounds like the reason I switched from my Twinhan to QQ- not only were the drivers bad and only worked in win7 32 (by luck, not by twinhans work) but too many bad channel changes it would miss recordings. My 102g was crap but the 1020a seemed to be pretty good . . . too bad I already sold it. QQ blows the twinhan prices away and i want to be able to use these on a netbook or something portable.

I got an acer revo to test with, wow its a cool little computer u can mount on the back of an LCD. Should have enuff power for HD- I havent tested it yet.

Got it backwards, it is 64 bit win7 that works with QQ (no switching though). My 32 bit install worked for a short time if I recall. Now nothing. Deleted drivers, rebooted, nothing gets the signal anymore.

RBM-

QQ Box has the issue of not reseting the tuner. You may find that reseting the driver for QQ Box by closing DD and reconnecting first the usb cord and then the power will get it working. Sometimes I'll boot DD and nothing on the QQ Box LED's, close DD and restart DD and it tunes OK.

Sometimes nothing works for me, go away for a few days and when I restart QQ Box it works fine for a month or two.

Sometimes before starting DD I get lock indication and when I start VLC it plays the DVB Stream without sending tune commands.

I don't know how to use graphedit. But that may help you in DD to figure out what is crashing.

Ahh I found the problem in win7 32. It was in the Device selection screen (where you pick your driver/device). Notice it is the 5th device, circled. Odd, but it changed to become the last device. So now I have a twinhan, a qqbox, and a genpix in that puter. I have another qqbox on another computer, and I will try one on my netbook.

I am curious if I can use 3 qqbox on one computer tho, that is my goal in the end. I was not able to use more than 1 twinhan due to driver limitations.

Right now everything is working except diseqc switching in win7 64bit, unsure about diseqc in 32 bit but it is doubtful. I hope my qqboxes wont lock up like your earlier versions, Adam. That really is not acceptable behavior and would take a toll on my recordings.

Attachments

• prob.jpg
    prob.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 342
Options/Device.

I am noticing that the QQ cannot lock onto some channels. I have 98-100% signal strength, although DD reports it as ~ 40% signal and 44% quality . Do you have any probs with that? The skywalker works like a pro with all channels.

QQ Box Driver has a problem with reporting SQ/SS. In ProgDVB it is a big issue. In DD as you say it sometimes does not see the correct SS. Yes, I have SS 91% SQ 86% on Coolsat 7100 and DD reports it as 40/42. ProgDVB reads low compared to STB. This driver issue may also be related to another problem were the screen is black and little bits of audio and no SS or SQ.

Like I said before, it would be a good product if they fix the driver issues in Windows and release a Linux driver with DISEqC 1.2 and USALS code.

I run Avast on this PC and have much more trouble with QQ Box on it. If Microsoft could ever flush their current software team and write Windows so that it works, it would eliminate so many problems.

Win7 is great, everyone luvs it. It is fast compared to vista and solid.

Ooooh that black screen with squelching audio. . . I thought maybe I had a bad cable lol. I dont know how a driver could be responsible for that on some channels. Damn, the qqbox isnt a very good tuner but it sure is cheap and "works" in win7.

Adam, with win7 you can get upto 4 months for free, legitimately, by ''rearming'' it. you have to reinstall after that but I reinstall every 6 mo anyways.

Also, dump Avast. Microsoft released MSE, it is the worlds best AV. It is free if you have legit windows.

I just read that Chinese QQbox is a low end copy of the Chinese Qbox. Also, that the makers of the Qbox ripped off an American company for a different product. Apparently the hardware in the QQbox is very low quality but I guess that would explain the price of them.

Mixed reviews on win7? Every user and tech guru I have seen reported golden results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)