Q's about "Internet Radio" - the hardware radio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I was thinking of getting an internet portable Wi-Fi radio, and have a few questions.

I've seen a few of them on line, but can't find out how they exactly work. I mean, I figure that I connect them to my wireless router like any other network device, but how do you get stations?

Do you just dial in a web site that's a radio station site? For example, if I want to listen to WFAN, a sports station in NYC on my PC, I have to go to their website, select LISTEN, then a window pops up, I sit through a spot, then I hear the stream.

How do you do that with an "Internet Radio". Do I have to pay a service providor?

Sorry if these are redundant questions, but I am really clueless on this matter.

Also, is there a preferred unit that most folks like?

Get an iPad. :)

Thats what I use for Internet radio. If your coming by my office sometime let me know and I can give you a demo. :)

I was just in your building today, pulling the access system out of The Hartford floors (16,15,11,10). The parking lot was pretty empty.

Actually, I was thinking about that, but figured I'd wait for iPad, Mark II, whenever that surfaces.

I was thinking of getting an internet portable Wi-Fi radio, and have a few questions.

I've seen a few of them on line, but can't find out how they exactly work. I mean, I figure that I connect them to my wireless router like any other network device, but how do you get stations?

Do you just dial in a web site that's a radio station site? For example, if I want to listen to WFAN, a sports station in NYC on my PC, I have to go to their website, select LISTEN, then a window pops up, I sit through a spot, then I hear the stream.

How do you do that with an "Internet Radio". Do I have to pay a service providor?

Sorry if these are redundant questions, but I am really clueless on this matter.

Also, is there a preferred unit that most folks like?

You add stations through a web portal and their station database or you can add custom URL's through the same web portal and this information is downloaded
to your wifi radio.
https://www.reciva.com/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts