Quad LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwillis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Ok, have my T90 dish, now, if I use quad LNB's (5), would this not be one way of getting one RG6 cable to each reciever(3)?
I assume, with 4 RG6 hook-ups on each LNB, would allow me to run 1 RG6 cable to each reciever with the proper switches ect.

Is this just a brain fart, or, can this be done?
John

I'm sitting here, scratching my head as how to get 5 lnbf's (5 sats) into one receiver (and you want 3 receivers), and imagining they are quad lnbf's... how would I do it? Well I would forget the quad lnbf's and use standard linear dual/twin lnbf's and use them with 4x4 multi-switches and diseqc switches... but that's how I already do it, so it's easy for me to put it this way. Good Luck..!!!

Also, if the quad's are C/L like the Invacom QPH031, where 2 outputs are Circular and 2 outputs are linear, then the Circular side won't work on the T90 dish.......

That sounds good, so, would I need a 4x4 multi-switch for each reciever along with a diseqc, just want to avoid running all these cables into the house, just want to have my connections arranged so as to have one RG6 cable coming in for each reciever.
I'm new to this, if you have time and could post a diagram of how all this would hook up, I would be for ever greatful.
Thanks
John

IT would be helpful to know what Quad LNB you are refering to. If its a Invacom, then its managable. If its a true Quad, like they have in Europe, then its more dificult since those are all Universal LNBS (so you can't use a 22mhz switch)

If your recievers are disqec 1.1 compatable, then you can do the following with 3 1.1 and 3 1.2 disqec switches

Attachments

• 5_Quad_universal_to_3_ receievers.jpg
    5_Quad_universal_to_3_ receievers.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 246
Invacom LNB

Would the Invacom work, my understanding is ,the LNB needs to be Linear, the Invacom has two linear and two circular, would these be compatible with the T-90 dish?
I like your solution, seems very simple, I'm new to FTA and have wasted money, this part of the setup is critical, just want to get it right and not waste any more money on brain farts!
John

You are wasting your money then.......

You stated 5 Quads, which has now been determinded to be the Invacom Quad. There are only a few sat locations where there are circular and linear feeds (2 off the top of my head; either being from the same service provider). Even if you were to want to use this for a subscription service , it can't be used on a T90 dish (polarities would be reversed on circular feeds). If you wanted it for just linear sats, why waste your money on the Quads.

What 5 sats are you looking to get?

Quads

All I want is 5 LNB's on my T-90, whatever LNB works will do, just want to run 2 cables in for the 2 Nfusions and 2 more for the Captiveworks 3000, as for sats, 5 is just a bang number off the top of my head, can't remember the names of all the sats, just want to avoid a cabling nightmare and get the right gear so I'm prepared to do this setup right the first time.
Having everything right, will be hard enough fot a first timer setting it up, with out the right switches and what ever else that might be needed, well..... I don't even want to think about that!
John

Use dual standard (not universal) LNBF's, connected to 3x4 multiswitchs. This will give you 4 outputs from each LNBF. From the receiver, connect to an ecoda 22khz switch. Each side of the 22khz switch then connects to a diseqc switch. Using 1x4 diseqc switches, this will give you access to eight ports or individual lnbf's (in this case the output of up to eight different 3x4 multiswitches for up to eight different satellites)

Attachments

• ecoda.gif
    ecoda.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 222
ecoda

So, I connect the 1x4 diseqc switch to the ECODA 22KHz switch to feed the 4 recievers?
John

I thought you needed Special LNBs(reversed polarity?) for the T90 / T55.
no you dont.

linear is linear no matter if it is on a regular dish or a toroidal. circular polarities are reversed in a toroidal but there isnt alot of truefta on circular anyhow. besides on a truefta receveiver you can just reverse the polarity in your scan, the R will look like L and the L like R. no big deal.

The Split

In the Larry1 attatched thumb, woulc I just use a splitter off the ecoda swtich enabling me to have 4 RG6 cables running into the house?

Use dual standard (not universal) LNBF's, connected to 3x4 multiswitchs. This will give you 4 outputs from each LNBF. From the receiver, connect to an ecoda 22khz switch. Each side of the 22khz switch then connects to a diseqc switch. Using 1x4 diseqc switches, this will give you access to eight ports or individual lnbf's (in this case the output of up to eight different 3x4 multiswitches for up to eight different satellites)

I don't think your arrangement will work properly. I am preparing to do a T90 as well. From what I have learned from Iceberg a different setup than you provided is needed. Using dual standard LNBF you will have 2 outputs from each LNBF. He should use 4x4 switches. 1 output from each 4x4 switch can feed a 4x1 DiSEqC switch. This arrangement will give 8 satellites to 4 receivers.

The Ecoda switch (output) connects directly to the receiver. (no spitters) The two inputs of the Ecoda connect to two separate diseqc switches. This will allow the receiver to select up to eight inputs. This has to be duplicated for each receiver you want to use. (for 3 receivers, each receiver will need one piece of coax from the receiver to the Ecoda switch, so 3 lines from the house to the switches)
For each dual LNBF, connect it to a 2x4 (or 3x4) multiswitch. This will allow one dual LNBF to feed up to four receivers. For 3 receivers, connect one output of the first multiswitch to one of the diseqc inputs for receiver 1. Connect another output from the first multiswitch to one of the diseqc inputs for receiver 2. Connect another output of the first multiswitch to one of the inputs of the diseqc switch for reciver 3. Similarily, connect the outputs of multiswitch 2 to the diseqc inputs for each receiver, and again for multiswitch 3.
For 3 receivers, this would be:
3 Ecoda switches
6 4x1 diseqc switches

For each
LNBF you will need
a dual standard (not universal) LNBF
a 2x4 or 3x4 multiswitch

You connect one output (of the multiswitch) to one receiver diseqc input for each of the satellites you want to receive on each receiver.

The attachment shows the drawing for 2 receivers, just continue with the same for 3 or 4 receivers.

Attachments

• connections1.bmp
    526.8 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
I see now how it would work, but, it would be much cheaper to get 4 4x4 switches instead of 1 3x4 switch for each LNBF. A 4x4 switch will see 2 LNBF and also eliminates the need for 3x4 switches and 22kHz switches. This enables you to see the same LNBF's with fewer switches.

I see now how it would work, but, it would be much cheaper to get 4 4x4 switches instead of 1 3x4 switch for each LNBF. A 4x4 switch will see 2 LNBF and also eliminates the need for 3x4 switches and 22kHz switches. This enables you to see the same LNBF's with fewer switches.

Ah... like this

Attachments

• 8in1.jpg
    8in1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 188
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)