Quarterback Mallett leaves Michigan, is considering Tennessee

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I have always respected the Tennessee program. Offhand, I cannot see why the Vols would be interested in pursuing a crybaby QB who lacks character and integrity. The kid may have some talent, but he doesn't appear to possess the tools, but he sure doesn't tools required to lead a high profile football program.

As a Michigan fan, I'm glad to see him go. A big arm does not make a quarterback and that's about all this kid had.

This helps Michigan's chances with the big QB recruit they are wooing right now anyways.

I have always respected the Tennessee program. Offhand, I cannot see why the Vols would be interested in pursuing a crybaby QB who lacks character and integrity. The kid may have some talent, but he doesn't appear to possess the tools, but he sure doesn't tools required to lead a high profile football program.

I don't really see it that way. I was very impressed with the way he played as a freshmen. He was supposed to be the #2 quarterback coming out of high school and in reality he was probably the best Freshmen. If he is just going to ride the pine at Michigan then I am all for him going to another school where he will play. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any sight of a crybaby in anything I read about it.

Do you mind explaining why this young man "lacks character and integrity?". What has he done for you to make such a strong accusation? This is a FREE country that allows you to voice your opinion. There is a huge difference between an opinion and an accusation, period. Having said that you are FREE to change jobs if you don't like your new boss. This young man is too big and too slow(5.13-40) to function in the spread oriented offense. He did NOT do too bad in a Pro style offense which fits his talent and arm strength. To reinforce that point very few NFL teams run that offense. The young man has the right to choose a college that is conducive to his future interest. Again what is wrong with that?
Thank you

Last edited:
Do you mind explaining why this young man "lacks character and integrity?". What has he done for you to make such a strong accusation? This is a FREE country that allows you to voice your opinion. There is a huge difference between an opinion and an accusation, period. Having said that you are FREE to change jobs if you don't like your new boss. This young man is too big and too slow(5.13-40) to function in the spread oriented offense. He did NOT do too bad in a Pro style offense which fits his talent and arm strength. To reinforce that point very few NFL teams run that offense. The young man has the right to choose a college that is conducive to his future interest. Again what is wrong with that?
Thank you

btw, what is he doing AFTER his hopeful NFL career, and I hope he's planning ahead seeing it's a very mall number that makes the pros.
Did he not consider his future after football ?
More M QB's have gone to the pros than Tenn and or Oregon, that said , not in this offense.

Good luck to the guy and he has every right to transfer, but what is he doing after his college career is over ?

btw, what is he doing AFTER his hopeful NFL career, and I hope he's planning ahead seeing it's a very mall number that makes the pros.
Did he not consider his future after football ?
More M QB's have gone to the pros than Tenn and or Oregon, that said , not in this offense.

Good luck to the guy and he has every right to transfer, but what is he doing after his college career is over ?
1. What is your point Jimbo?
2. Do you mind showing the relevance between your thread and my thread which is in response to riffjim4069 who stated: Mr. Mallet "lacks character and integrity?".
Thank you

Sorry to see him go, but I understand his reasons. He understands his strengths, and realized this offense did not suit his talent. Kind of like choosing a major in school. He has NFL aspirations, and there isn't much of a market for spread offense QB's in the NFL. Getting a degree is your backup plan for your career, when you have the tools this kid has. Mr. Mallet, I wish you success, where ever you land up at. I really don't understand some of the comments made above. Given the situation he was thrown into, I thought he performed well. Crybaby? Where's that coming from? Because he want's to leave?

Sorry to see him go, but I understand his reasons. He understands his strengths, and realized this offense did not suit his talent. Kind of like choosing a major in school. He has NFL aspirations, and there isn't much of a market for spread offense QB's in the NFL. Getting a degree is your backup plan for your career, when you have the tools this kid has. Mr. Mallet, I wish you success, where ever you land up at. I really don't understand some of the comments made above. Given the situation he was thrown into, I thought he performed well. Crybaby? Where's that coming from? Because he want's to leave?
Mr. Wozniak:
With ALL due respect, thank you. I pointed to the lack of the spread offense in the NFL. WHY did you bother with the "crybaby" when riffjim4069 added that Mr. Mallet: "lacks character and integrity". I have challenged him to respond to that garbage. WHY didn't you challenge that strong accusation Mr. Wozniak? I respect opinions. I don't care for baseless accusations much less respect them.
Again thanks

Mr. Wozniak:
With ALL due respect, thank you. I pointed to the lack of the spread offense in the NFL. WHY did you bother with the "crybaby" when riffjim4069 added that Mr. Mallet: "lacks character and integrity". I have challenged him to respond to that garbage. WHY didn't you challenge that strong accusation Mr. Wozniak? I respect opinions. I don't care for baseless accusations much less respect them.
Again thanks

:confused: Who is this guy, Ignatius J. Reilly?

1. What is your point Jimbo?
2. Do you mind showing the relevance between your thread and my thread which is in response to riffjim4069 who stated: Mr. Mallet "lacks character and integrity?".
Thank you

My point is , the kid has only played a few downs in college and they are already expecting the guy to be in the pro's, not many make it that far, just ask the ND QB that was suppose to be the stud of the day awhile back, was suppose to win 3 Heisman's but never played in the NFLand was barely a good College QB, unfortunatly I can't remember his name.

Expectations for Mallet are awefully high before he's even seen college level action.
For Pryor too for that matter.

Jimbo

My point is , the kid has only played a few downs in college and they are already expecting the guy to be in the pro's, not many make it that far, just ask the ND QB that was suppose to be the stud of the day awhile back, was suppose to win 3 Heisman's but never played in the NFLand was barely a good College QB, unfortunatly I can't remember his name.

Expectations for Mallet are awefully high before he's even seen college level action.
For Pryor too for that matter.

Jimbo
I think you are talking about Paulus-ND QB. I can't think of his first name. His younger brother also a QB committed to NC two years ago.

I think you are talking about Paulus-ND QB. I can't think of his first name. His younger brother also a QB committed to NC two years ago.

It's Ron Powlus and he is now our Quarterbacks Coach.

He did play in the NFL for the Oilers, Lyons and Eagles.

Beano Cook was the one responsible for saying he would win three Heismans but most of us never thought that would come true. One of the biggest problems was that he was recruited into Lou Holtz system which used a lot of the option attack but Powlus was a Pro Style QB and couldn't run the option at all. He still set a lot of ND QB records.

Mr. Wozniak:
Again thanks

All I was doing was puttin' in my 2 cents, in this case, I happened to agree with you. You already called riff out. The "crybaby" thing stayed in my memory, when I was posting, so I brought that up. Nothing more, nothing less. Not really looking for an argument on this thread. Bigger fish to fry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts