Ques about DTV dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jkauf55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Nashville, TN
I got the slim line dish and 2 (out of 4) local channels freeze up sometimes and pix elites sometimes.

These are also HD local news channels and some programming and only effects these 2 channels here of late.

I check the signals and they are
101 is 95-96%,
99(c) 91-95%
99(s) 65-68%
103(s) 62-64%

103(c) 95-97%
SWM 99%

Now my question is are the 99/103(S) too low. if so when i re-align the dish do i do the horizontal alignment or the vertical alignment?

Im sure there are a million posting about this and been looking everywhere that it all starting to sound gibberish and tired some!

Thanks for alls help!!

Those are low numbers, and as far as what alinement to move depends on which way the dish is misalined. If you want to attempt to ajust, move the ajustment 1 tick at a time, and look at the results on your signal strength on a single transponder each time.
Just remember every movement ,moves the alinement of all 3-5 orbital locations.
If you not a pro , or have the right signal meters, I would call Directv.

Those are low numbers, and as far as what alinement to move depends on which way the dish is misalined. If you want to attempt to ajust, move the ajustment 1 tick at a time, and look at the results on your signal strength on a single transponder each time.
Just remember every movement ,moves the alinement of all 3-5 orbital locations.
If you not a pro , or have the right signal meters, I would call Directv.

so look at the 99/103S signal meter??

I don't want to sound rude , But if you don't know the steps on how to use your Receiver to check a single transponder signal strength to make an ajustment, You shouldn't mess with it and leave it to the pros. You will end up doing more harm then good.
Slimline dish is not for the average joe to mess with without a Bird Dog signal meter.

I don't want to sound rude , But if you don't know the steps on how to use your Receiver to check a single transponder signal strength to make an ajustment, You shouldn't mess with it and leave it to the pros. You will end up doing more harm then good.
Slimline dish is not for the average joe to mess with without a Bird Dog signal meter.

you aint sounding rude. oh and by the way i got it up to 89-90% thx for the help and of course the neighbor who does this stuff!!!

wasnt that hard

you aint sounding rude. oh and by the way i got it up to 89-90% thx for the help and of course the neighbor who does this stuff!!!

wasnt that hard
Its not that hard , If you have some knowledge about it. Its just not for the average person to tinker with. But now with the help of your neighbor, you'll know what to do.
Glad you guys fixed it.:)

What's the difference between 99c and 99s and 103c and 103s?

I could be wrong but i think it means [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif](s) is spotbeamed, and (c) is Conus (continental us) widebeamed. So [/FONT]the national HD channels are beamed from 99c and 103c, while the 99s and 103s satellites are "spotbeams" that provide local HD channels to major cities.
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
As i said i could be wrong so hopefully someone more knowledgeable can clear it up!!
[/FONT]

I could be wrong but i think it means [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif](s) is spotbeamed, and (c) is Conus (continental us) widebeamed. So [/FONT]the national HD channels are beamed from 99c and 103c, while the 99s and 103s satellites are "spotbeams" that provide local HD channels to major cities.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]As i said i could be wrong so hopefully someone more knowledgeable can clear it up!! [/FONT]
:up:up 100% correct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)