Question about 622 and 508 swap

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I have an older dish 500 that had a 508 receiver on it ... worked great. I got rid of the receiver but the dish, LNB and cable are still there (lake house).

At home I now have a 622 system with the newer dish and HD.

My question:
When I go to the other place can I just take my receiver with me and plug it in on the older dish antenna system? Will it work other than the HD stuff?

Will I have to reprogram the receiver or do anything to it ... I would like to just hook it up and turn it on if possible.

Thanks

So the dish and LNB the 508 was on will work with the 622 receiver ... OK. I don't care about the 2nd tuner part and only want to use it for a couple of days at a time when I'm there.

Had not thought about the check switch thing but will do that too. Thanks

622 will operate erraticall with only 1 tuner connected just add the 508 to your house account and take it back anf forth or run the second line from the 500.

622 will operate erraticall with only 1 tuner connected just add the 508 to your house account and take it back anf forth or run the second line from the 500.

How do I add the 508 to my house account? Will they charge me for that? That would certainly be simple if I could.

How do I add the 508 to my house account? Will they charge me for that? That would certainly be simple if I could.
give them a call, as long as you do not have a 1000.4 eastern arc dish at your house you should be able to add the 508 to your account.

Update: Called dish and they will add the receiver for $7.50 a month. I also own the receiver already.

i have hooked up only one tuner ona 622 ona few occasions. it does work though obviously performance is a bit flakey. it is OK ona temporary basis but it is nota permanent solution.

Update: Called dish and they will add the receiver for $7.50 a month. I also own the receiver already.
I have yet to get a straight answer on this - I have a 722 and 508. The 508 was recently reactivated. I asked numerous people if my charge for teh 508 would be $5/mo. as it was before, but no one could confirm the charge....I guess I'll find out when I get the new bill.

As of right now....$5 per month for the 508. But, as of 2/1 the rate for the 508 will be $7 a month. Mind you that you only will get charged as long as the rcvr is activated. So, if you deactivate it when you are not at the other house, then you are good to go.

You should be able to activate/deactivate on the dishnetwork website. Finally, as long as the 508 is on your account, you will only be able to get the local channels for you account. If the cabin is too far away, you won't get the locals from there.

Finally, just to give you a heads up....this is techincally against the rules. All rcvrs that you have should always be at the same location. Only Snow Bird accounts can move the rcvr between two locations and there are a lot of stipulations on that.

Thanks for the info ... this way it would be pretty cheap since I only need it turned on for a few days at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts