Question about 625 DVR remote/receiver

inu_gurl_05

Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
Oklahoma
Kay, hi, I'm new here. Uh, I've got a question (duh)

In our home we receive a lot of power failures. The whole town I live in does. It's always random and short-lived, but each time this happens the DVR has to reboot. When it finally gets up and going, the TV 1 remote doesn't work on the receiver. Every time it starts working again though, just a few days/weeks after. Which means no TV in that room for awhile.

I was wondering if anyone knows what's going on and if there's a way I can fix it right away instead of having to wait to see if it works one day. I'm afraid it'll just stop altogether and I'll have to pay 20.00$ for a new remote that I'll have to program (with which I have much difficulty). If there's anything else you need to know, just ask.

I'm not really sure that the remote is the issue.
If you unplug your 625 and everytime after reboot the remote doesn't work it sounds like a receiver issue. You should get a Dish Network Technition to check it out, or if you know how to swap it out yourself, Dish can also send you a replacement receiver.
Best bet is to call them and setup something.
Just beware a service call could cost you close to $100, unless you have the protection plan, Then it still may cost you $30. Just so you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)