Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohnnyB40

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 23, 2003
Elk Grove ,IL
anyone know what a never used Panasonic TU-HU20B HDTV Receiver which didn't get the latest upgrade would do ?

I received one from e-bay and it didn't receive any signal from the satellite
but would get one OTA would this be a symptom of just not having the latest upgrade which now has to be preformed by Panasonic since D* no longer carries it on the signal ?

or should the receiver at least get a signal strength and channel 100 ?

Neutron said:
Have you gotten a new card from Directv?

yes even with the new card it made no difference

I tried calling panasonics Tech support They did say that it needed to have a software upgrade which had to be sent in to be completed but they couldn't say that it would solve the issue

it seems to me logically that it would still pick up the D* signal you may not be able to receive any programming until you have the unit upgraded but you should still be able to receive a signal strength? and maybe channel 100

I'm thinking that the unit has a bad tuner any thoughts

No need

I'll go ahead and let you know... even without a card you can pick up a signal. If you don't have a signal, there are several things that could be wrong. 1) you need a reset. just turn it off... unplug it for 15- 20 seconds... plug it back in, see if it acquires the signal- if not then continue 2) you may have a bad IRD, move the IRD to another room where you have DTV and hook it up temp. If the problem is still there... you have a bad IRD. 3) if the problem is resolved, you have a problem with the install from the dish to the IRD. 4) if you don't have another room to test it in..... you might need a tech to check it out.

Once the IRD has a signal from DTV... it'll get the newest version software upgrade automatically. If it doesn't have the IRD activated, and when the rep asks at the end " Do you have a picture on a local channel ( or 311 )?" say that it tells you to call extension 721. If that doesn't fix it.... you need a tech.

DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com

directvrep said:
I'll go ahead and let you know... even without a card you can pick up a signal. If you don't have a signal, there are several things that could be wrong. 1) you need a reset. just turn it off... unplug it for 15- 20 seconds... plug it back in, see if it acquires the signal- if not then continue 2) you may have a bad IRD, move the IRD to another room where you have DTV and hook it up temp. If the problem is still there... you have a bad IRD. 3) if the problem is resolved, you have a problem with the install from the dish to the IRD. 4) if you don't have another room to test it in..... you might need a tech to check it out.

Once the IRD has a signal from DTV... it'll get the newest version software upgrade automatically. If it doesn't have the IRD activated, and when the rep asks at the end " Do you have a picture on a local channel ( or 311 )?" say that it tells you to call extension 721. If that doesn't fix it.... you need a tech.

DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com

Yes that is what I thought I have done all above the only thing this receiver
has been discontinued and D* no longer carries the software upgrade within the stream so with this model you have to ship it back to Panasonic where they will upgrade it for free

I just wanted to confirm my thoughts that the STB was bad and it wasn't that a major software upgrade change that was stopping it from seeing a signal

Also you can reboot this model by holding the right option button on the receiver while pressing the power button

Thanks all

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)