Question about a solid Bud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
acid . will take it clean off if you have some to spray on a friend of mine use's acid to clean his 18wheeler wheels it brings it bright its alum . try it

Hi cband48,

I am glad to hear that your old Birdview is still standing and not damaged. There are plenty of references to charts in the FAQ's area above. We'll look forward to hearing about your progress.

One of the first things that crossed my mind anole was a power washer to clean off the peeling paint. I think it would work fine for the loose stuff. I don't know whether I should go any further than that. I would hate to damage the surface.

I have also used muriatic acid to clean aluminum before, but again I don't want to chance causing any damage.

When I pick it up, maybe this weekend, or next, I'll try the power washer first, then see what that leaves behind. Then take it from there.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Fred

Fred
is this the solid that you posted pic of. let us know how it goes. I'm working all week& weekend but i did locate a solid metal with the h2h mount so i will have to do some inquires later to find out about it.its one that has the buttonhook type feedhorn.

yes cband48 we are glad to hear about the Birdview .

we probably should call this the dish recovery forum lol :D

Cool George!

I saw some pics here somewhere about one just like you are describing with the button-hook and H-H mount.

Yeah, this is the one I posted pics about a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully I can get it this Saturday, but if not, next Saturday. I have to go when my "crew" is available. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts