Question about an Ipod and Itunes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
A friend of mine has been having an issue with itunes not detecting his ipods for some reason. He's had several people tell him he should delete and reinstall itunes. His ipod currently contains all his music and apps that he has in itunes. So my question, can he delete and reinstall itunes. And then have all his music moved back into itunes from his ipod? Or will it delete everything from the ipod when he connects it to an itunes account with nothing there?

He can remove and reinstall iTunes it will not delete anything from the iPod.

Check on the net there is directions for backing up his music folder. You back it up then reinstall it and copy the music folder back. :)

Nope not at all.

That would be like plugging your iPod into a new computer that hasn't been used yet. Its not going to wipe your ipod. :)

iTunes by design doesn't support copying music from iPods into iTunes.

Also, your music isn't (or doesn't have to be) "in" iTunes. All of my music is in \My Documents\My Music and I tell iTunes to look there. If I remove iTunes, my music is untouched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)