Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
If a bird unloads on your dish does it degrade the signal and can it be substantial enough to cause a weak signal?

We are talking maybe three four splats right around middle of dish?

They have been eating berries if that tells you anything...

:sorry: , but I have to ask...

: ) I washed my dish down often (before I discovered Rain Shield TM.), and it certainly helped with the signal quality. But other than aesthetic value a few splats will not make any difference to your signal quality. After all you can paint a dish without any signal loss.

Its as if the birds are aiming for our dishes on purpose!

Hey these guys have a Satellite cover like a Bullseye.........

https://www.satelliteskins.com/

Lol questic . My big 1.2 m dish is covered and it is purple! I saw that it is this one Mockingbird doing the deed. He actually sits on the top. I have been messing with him by moving the dish when he lands.

Dishpointer said:
Lol questic . My big 1.2 m dish is covered and it is purple! I saw that it is this one Mockingbird doing the deed. He actually sits on the top. I have been messing with him by moving the dish when he lands.

im assuming he mocks you and moves it right back. :)

That is good to hear PSB, although I probably still need to hose it off every now and then.

BB Gun has been my weapon of choice so far. I am thinking of using the BB pistol to make it more of a sport.

Warning, this guy :tux: and all like him may be leaving you unwanted presents.

Maybe we should post pictures of our "painted" dishes. Now that would be funny and down right sick.

They seem to like my Winegard and stay away from my Channel Master. I've had to clean the Winegard 3-4 times now, and never once have I found *it* on the CM.

I am considering buying one of those plastic owls that is supposed to scare away birds and placing it up there with the sat farm :D

Oh yeah, and I nominate this thread to be considered, along with a couple others from the past 2 months, in the Dirtiest Thread award category :)

Tron said:
I am considering buying one of those plastic owls that is supposed to scare away birdsQUOTE]

It doesn't work. I have my owl up right now. Maybe I need to motorize that next :D

The plastic owl works for a while until they figure out that it's fake. Fort Worth put them up on billboards and you'd see little birds sitting on the top right next to it.
The smaller chickens perch on the horn struts on my BUD and I've had a total signal loss on Direcway from a chicken sitting on the feedhorn arm!
Little OT, but I had a mockingbird in the city that parked on the mailbox; he pretty well painted it white and purple until I hung a rubber snake on it.
You might try a rubber snake; pretty comical to see a sparrow hit the brakes and do a 180 in mid-air!.

I still think the BB Gun is the best answer t our problems...

:hatsoff: Then again i'm southern, and we usually solve problems by shooting something!

Heh..I was on a service call once in this 5 story brick project type thing in the ghetto. Was an OLD 61.5 only legacy system. I get the roof unlocked and go up there to find a D* and E* farm. All on non-pens. Well I found my dish and it was a dish300 right next to a wall devider between 2 buildings. Well every bird on the whole city musta hung out on that wall and aimed at that poor 300 for years. There was stalactites hanging off of it it was on there so thick. :tux: It musta worked like that for years because the cust said it only "crapped" out a few days ago.

I didnt go near "it". I just cut the coax and hooked it in to the 2nd port of another 300/duel that was pointed at 61.5. If I ever get another call on that building ill have to take a pic of it.

Ive also seen people that painted their dishes with house paint to match the wall its on. That didnt seem to hurt the sig much.

I can't stand it any longer... I'm posting pictures tomorrow if mods don't care.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts