Traxis DBS2500 and AMC 7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

indyscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
I have a traxis 2500 system and I have a question. I have been trying to get the Alaska channels on AMC 7 (W 7 on 4dtv). I can't get them at all, but on the roster of all of the satellites AMC7 is not listed so I have to use another satellite name in the AMC 7 spot. Are each of the satellite names specific to their location? Is this why I can't get the Alaska channels? If not, would naming it any of the satellites work? I have the 4dtv on W7 on an odd number transponder. Anyone that can get these Anchorage channels, please tell me how to do this with the kind of receiver I have. Thanks for your help.

"Are each of the satellite names specific to their location? Is this why I can't get the Alaska channels?"

No any satellite name will work, I only have a 40" dish for C-Band right now and I can lock onto AMC-7 and get some very low quality TP's but nothing at all on the Alaska channels TP.

Thanks for the response. I have a 10' and can't get anything and thought maybe it involved naming of the satellite on the traxis system. Would the strength of the LNB be part of it even though on the analog 4dtv, transponder 18 NASA comes in pretty clear with only an occasional dot or dash.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Question about Bird Sh*t and Dishes?

I think I have lost the arc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)