Question about compatibility of LNB and receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thehit4hire

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
poland indiana
This is my first post to the forum so forgive me if i screw something up. My question is about the compatibility of an LNB and a receiver. I was given a receiver to use with Direct TV and I already have a Direct TV dish on my house. The receiver is a D11-500 and the dish LNB is a Cal-Amp 150517. I am very new to satellite set ups but believe everything is hooked up correctly. After aiming the dish I can't seem to get a signal reading on the box signal meeter. Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!!

Make sure your pole is plumb. Did you enter your zip code in receiver and a single antenna to get elevation/Az.? Since you are new, also you got to make sure nothing is blocking your path to the satellite, trees, building etc. Take a small or light weight TV out to the dish and after checking your Azimuth with a compass, set your elevation to what it says for your zip code. Then slowly rotate the dish, you should get signal if all is right. Then once you do you can tweak it for best signal.

......Also for Satellite in the receiver make sure you are set for 101 degrees.

Thank you all for the quick replies. It is mounted plum and yes i put my zip in to get the correct configuration. I don't seem to see any markings on the dish for adjustments and have very little knowledge of azimuth and elevation. I used an app for android phones that uses your gps location and allows you to put in the satellite that you are looking for and shows you where to point the dish. There is nothing blocking the view of the dish. I also have another dumb question. The lnb has two coax cables. I am assuming this is for two different receivers and it doesn't matter which one I use, is this correct? And if so I can just leave the other hang correct? Thanks again for all your help.

Thank you all for the quick replies. It is mounted plum and yes i put my zip in to get the correct configuration. I don't seem to see any markings on the dish for adjustments and have very little knowledge of azimuth and elevation. I used an app for android phones that uses your gps location and allows you to put in the satellite that you are looking for and shows you where to point the dish. There is nothing blocking the view of the dish. I also have another dumb question. The lnb has two coax cables. I am assuming this is for two different receivers and it doesn't matter which one I use, is this correct? And if so I can just leave the other hang correct? Thanks again for all your help.

Yes, that is correct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts