Question about Direct TV Dishes???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

35LKSA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Eastern PA
I am a fulltime RV'er. I currently have DishNetwork. I am considering changing to Direct TV. I would get the Premier TV Package as well as HD programming. I spend 6 months of the year in PA. The other 6 months in TX and possibly SC. Here is my question:

Can I use the same dish in both PA, TX and SC? With DishNetwork, due to Eastern and Western Arc birds, I needed a different dish in TX than the one I use in PA. The PA dish would work in SC. I have the meters so I align the dish myself when I relocate.

We are full timers as well. You use the same dish which is nice and the advanced receivers (HD dvrs) don't require a phone line with DirecTV. When we were with Dish they wanted to charge us, not sure if that has changed.

I'd recommend either a physical setup (dish outside at your spot) or picking up a Motosat SL5 / Traveler system for automated setup. Depending on if you want easy TV when traveling and how much you are on the road.

We use the motosat SL5 and love it. The traveler is a little less expensive and can be purchased at Camping world or from dealers. I'd recommend if you go that route to have someone competent install it. I wouldn't trust CW to put holes in my roof although I use them for other things. If you are handy you can install it yourself. I'm not terribly handy but after watching the install its actually very easy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)