Question about Dish Movers Program

tmal14

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Currently I have been a dish network customer for over 5 years and I am also out of contract.

I recently sold my house and will be moving in the next month, however I don't have a new place yet to move to. How does the dish network movers program work if I don't have somewhere to immediatly move to? They mentioned I could put the account on hold, then complete the move sometime in the next 6 months.

My other option would be to cancel my service and re sign up, they said I would considered to be a new customer after three months ( I thought it was 6). If I was to resign up and use my wifes name at a new address would they really know she was an old customer before the 3 months was up?

With the potential "new"customer offers available, I want to explore my options before I do anything. Either way I really want to stick with E* I have not had any problems over the 5yrs.

Thanks.

I faced this issue 18 months a go and was actually still under contract. I lost my job and moved to a house I owned where my daughter already had DISH. They put me on pause for 6 months (and then extended it 2 more months) and then set me up at my new place. 9 months later (just 2 weeks a go) I moved again and they moved me again. All free of charge. Just put yourself on DISH pause and take your receivers and remotes with you and you'll be fine.

Hello, tmal14! I saw your post and wanted to offer assistance. The DISH Pause scenario on these posts is correct; you are certainly welcome to do that. It basically freezes your account for a minimal $5 monthly fee for up to a period of six months. You can use that feature during the time that you're figuring out where you're going to move to. The other option, as mentioned above, of disconnecting and restarting you can definitely do, as well. If you decide to keep the account under your name, make sure you wait at least three months from the time of disconnecting the original account in order to qualify for the "Former Customer Promotional Offer". If you decide to put the new account in your wife's name, that account can be open anytime as it would be under a different person at a different location.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions!

One more question, I have an OTA module with my 722k, do I keep that or do I have to send it back to dish if I cancel? Since I use it all the time it's something I would like to keep in case I end up with dish again in the future.

Thanks.

Hello, tmal14! I saw your post and wanted to offer assistance. The DISH Pause scenario on these posts is correct; you are certainly welcome to do that. It basically freezes your account for a minimal $5 monthly fee for up to a period of six months. You can use that feature during the time that you're figuring out where you're going to move to. The other option, as mentioned above, of disconnecting and restarting you can definitely do, as well. If you decide to keep the account under your name, make sure you wait at least three months from the time of disconnecting the original account in order to qualify for the "Former Customer Promotional Offer". If you decide to put the new account in your wife's name, that account can be open anytime as it would be under a different person at a different location.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions!

The OTA module should be yours. You had to purchase it so it is yours to keep. As for waiting 3 months to sign up as a Former or signing up under your wife's name there really is no benefit other than being able to sign up sooner under your wife's name.

If you cancel your service, and you have to return your receiver, the OTA is yours to keep like was said before. My question is....do you have a "newer" tv so that you could plug your antenna straight into the tv? Don't know if I am off base totally as it is late here right now but just thought I would ask.:)

Local on Dish vs Local on Comcast... ?

612 DVR Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)