Question about DP34 switch

ilfoman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
North
I have 3 sats connected to a DP34 - 110,118,119 with the output going to a 211k. I also have a 722k connected to an EA dish receiving 72 and 61.5. Here's my question: Can I connect the output from the DP34 to the sat input on the EA setup to give me all 5 sats on my 722?

NO that sounds like a simple solution but it won't work

Is there a reason that a 1000+ won't work? You should already have a 500+ so all you need is LNB and bracket to convert the 500 to a 1000+.

Thanks boba, but here's my problem. Due to my extreme east/north location, 72.7 is very weak, especially on tp's which carry HBO, Showtime and Encore in HD, so I get a lot of signal loss even when there is heavy cloud. (77 is invisible, but I don't need it). I get a strong signal on 110,119,118 but I only have single DP LNB's. I have a dual DP LNB for 119/118 (I'm a big cricket fan) on a 24" dish and a single DP LNB for 110 on a dish 500. This setup gives me perfect results on my 211 but I'm missing a lot of HD - I can't get 129 because of trees. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to get all 5 sats on both receivers. I can't understand why 72.7 should be so weak when the WA sats come in with very high signal.

why would this not work? eastern satellites not compatible with western satellites? or something to do with the switch?

To pick up three satellites you need a DPP twin and a DP single or a DP-34 switch with three separate dishes and DP single lnb's. To pickup four satellites you would need either a 1000.2 or 1000.4 that allows a fourth lnb to be attached unless you got two or more satellites from each arc then you would need to get the DPP-44 switch to have four satellites from any arc along with four DP single lnbs or two DP twin lnb's.