Question about dual LNB round dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ciecero

Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
I have a round dish with one dual LNB. As I understand this is a single satellite signal feed. If I upgrade to a oval dish, triple LNB, which I believe has 3 satellite feeds will this give me a better quality picture? I plan on upgrading to the DVR in the next month or so but don't know if I should just add a mulitswitch or get a new dish. We have a 53 inch Sony HDTV ready TV but the picture quality is still a little fuzzy on certain channels. Down the road we plan on getting a HDDVR receiver when the prices come down.
Thanks in advance Ken

The Phase III dish has great signal gain, so that may help with picture quality, plus you will need one for HD anyway, you may be able to get the upgraded dish when you purchase your HDDVR for an extra $20 or even free depending where you get it, I would say go for it!

For clarifications sake; the signal gain may improve your signal quality, but not the picture quality. Your IRD and Display are the only things (basically) that can control the picture quality.

CablerMN said:
For clarifications sake; the signal gain may improve your signal quality, but not the picture quality. Your IRD and Display are the only things (basically) that can control the picture quality.
By display I guess you mean TV set. People with HDTVs need to turn their sharpness almost off to improve the appearance of the AD picture. No this does not improve the picture it just reduces the visibility of the defects and makes things look more acceptable. :) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)