Question about DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hansokl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Atlanta
Good morning.. I am switching to Directv from Dish this Thursday and have several shows/games stored on my dish dvr that I would like to keep if possible. I know that you can hook up an external hard drive to increase storage capacity but wondering if you could save the current programs on my dish receiver dvr to an external hard drive for later viewing. Thanks,

You can record them in real time onto a dvd recorder. Transferring them to an EHD will only work as long as you have the receiver active on a Dish account. Once it is not active, the EHD becomes inactive as well and all recordings are lost.

If you need time to do whatever you need to do with the recordings on your DVR, you may want to consider the $14.99/month Welcome Pack, which has HD locals (of available through Dish in your market) and other satellite channels like HGTV, Food Network, Boomerang, The Hub, Bloomberg, etc. A la carte options may optionally be added like Outdoor Sports ($3/month) or/and Encore Movie Pack ($5/month;341-346,377) as well as premiums.

http://www.mydish.com/support/channels/packagewelcomepack.aspx

Wouldn't Dish Pause ($5/mo) also allow him to keep the receiver and access its recordings during that time?

I tried DirectTV about 6 years ago due to the distant network issues going on. I did not cancel my Dish account, we just took the outside dish equipment down. When DirectTV couldn't provide the waivers they promised (I had them note my account that if I couldn't get the waivers and channels I wanted a no fee termination) we had them come and take back their equipment and hooked the Dish equipment back up!

FYI, unless DirectTV significantly improved their DVR, you will hate it, way too many steps to use compared to Dish. I didn't realize how great Dish's DVR was until I tried Directs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)