Question about external hard drive

Purp1eOne

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
If I upgrade from a 722 to a Hopper will I be able to use the programming on my hard drive that I use with the 722 or will I have to reformat it?
Also the service person said he was new and couldn't answer, if I hook up a OTA antenna with the USB adapter does it use one of the available tuners or does it give me 4? And am I able to record the OTA channels?

If I upgrade from a 722 to a Hopper will I be able to use the programming on my hard drive that I use with the 722 or will I have to reformat it?
Also the service person said he was new and couldn't answer, if I hook up a OTA antenna with the USB adapter does it use one of the available tuners or does it give me 4? And am I able to record the OTA channels?

It gives you 4 tuners and yes you can record ota channels. Yes you can view the content on your EHD and don't need to reformat.

thanks, the service person I talked to was admittedly new but was clueless. He was for sure the drive would need to be formatted and didn't even know you could use and OTA antenna with a USB adapter.