Question about free starz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftaisawesome

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Hey guys, thanks for all your help so far. I trust asking you guys for answers alot more than calling Directv after what I've read here.

The new customer offer has Starz and Showtime free for 3 months. I don't watch those channels. If you look at your bill for 24 months on their website, after the 3 months it goes up to like $12.99 I don't want to get stuck paying that. Do you just cancel it before the 3 months is over or what? Any tips I should know so DTV doesn't pull a fast one and, somehow end up having me paying for this thing for 2 years? There is no way to remove it altogether on the website so, I can't go that route. Thanks again

Hey guys, thanks for all your help so far. I trust asking you guys for answers alot more than calling Directv after what I've read here.

The new customer offer has Starz and Showtime free for 3 months. I don't watch those channels. If you look at your bill for 24 months on their website, after the 3 months it goes up to like $12.99 I don't want to get stuck paying that. Do you just cancel it before the 3 months is over or what? Any tips I should know so DTV doesn't pull a fast one and, somehow end up having me paying for this thing for 2 years? There is no way to remove it altogether on the website so, I can't go that route. Thanks again

It should fall off but I would verify with them at the time I signed up.
You CAN tell them that you want it turned off after the three months is over and they ARE pretty good about it, I know it use to be an issue with providers in a effort to slip more money into thier pockets.

I normally just tell them that I want it turned off before it goes past the free portion and they have never missed it at least for me.
I currently have Showtime that I will not watch either, but they offered it to me and they will turn it off on time.

I would just let them know that you DO want it turned off and they should note your account.

Call 1800-531-5000

Get an agent. They will be in the billing deparment, tell them you want to remove showtime and starz // they will xfer to the programing deparment. They will try and get you to keep the channels if they fail they will just remove the premiums for you.

New customer offer premiums dont auto roll off Jimbo. Only courtsey gift showtime or starz auto rolls off at the end of the 3 months.

Thank you stonecold. That's just as I expected. I was worried they would try and slip it past me and bill me so, I wanted to check here first.

Thanks Yorktown. I've read so many bad things on here about their business practice that I don't trust them any farther than I can throw them. I see I will need to be dilligent about everything in dealing with them.

Thanks Yorktown. I've read so many bad things on here about their business practice that I don't trust them any farther than I can throw them. I see I will need to be dilligent about everything in dealing with them.

FTA,
I think your looking for stuff to not be right.
There are MANY great installs as well as working HD DVR's and not everyone has trouble with thier billing .... I for one have NEVER had a problem with billing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)